Multiverse Theory: Connections to Precognition & Deja Vu?

In summary, I believe that multiverses are connected in some way and that deja vue and dreams may be ways of accessing these alternate universes.
nic0mac
How would multiverses be connected, I wonder about this in connection to precognition / dejavue. Is it possible that these could be leakage from alternate timelines (? whatever you want to call them). I have at times had instances what felt like memories but knew they were not only to have a similar event happen monthes later. Anybody have any ideas on how these might be connected?

Physics news on Phys.org
I believe the many worlds in the Everett many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics branch off at right angles. They are not like the pages in a book but more like twigs on a branch. That said, there might be some quantum leakage between them.

It is necessary to say that the Everett approach is controversial. Some physicists believe in it oassionately while others have no use for it.

I have an idea, as asked about in the first post above, with deja vue, as well as DREAMS, being the linking pathway. I'll post more shortly, as I haven't finished fleshing it exactly. Have you ever had a dream that seemed familiar, which contained friends you have now or may have had in the past, in a setting that feels familiar but you know you've never seen before (or may have but not in many years)? The idea I have is that these ARE memories, just not YOUR memories, but memories of an alternate you as you exist in an alternate universe. The idea of 'the million spheres' as been around for a while, in that there are millions of universes. The idea I have relates to this and links deja vue and dreams (some anyway; most dreams are yours and subjective to your own thought processes, but sometimes they belong to 'another' you). I can add more later, it still needs some work.

My own experiences of deja vu are different. I come to some place, usually a transition between rooms, like a door or hallway, in my "real" life, and though it's somewhere I have never been before, I have vague memories of having dreamed about it. So it's like dreamed precognition, or would be if I could ever verify my vague feelings. The circumstances are always banal, never anything memorable or interesting. One time, though, it was first time on a new job, and I made essentially the same turn into the same space five times a week for two years.

I have had the same deja vu sort of experience where it seemed as though I had dreamt of it before hand and was recalling the dream as the event occured. It has happened several times and only at first really did it seem as though I had dreamt it before but I was never able to actually recall having the dream and so the idea that such was the case faded. I think the dream idea is possibly just your brain groping for some explanation as to the cause of the experience. A friend once theorized that deja vu occurs when your brain stores information and for some reason recalls it simultaniously.

1. What is the Multiverse Theory?

The Multiverse Theory proposes that there are multiple parallel universes that exist alongside our own, each with its own set of physical laws and conditions. This theory suggests that every possible outcome of a situation exists in a different universe, resulting in an infinite number of universes.

2. How does the Multiverse Theory relate to precognition?

Some interpretations of the Multiverse Theory suggest that precognition, or the ability to see into the future, is possible because we are tapping into information from a parallel universe where that future event has already occurred. This would mean that we are able to access information from other universes, allowing us to predict future events.

3. Can the Multiverse Theory explain deja vu?

The Multiverse Theory offers one potential explanation for deja vu, the feeling of experiencing something that you have already experienced before. It suggests that when we have a sense of deja vu, we may be remembering a similar experience from a different universe, where the same event occurred in the past.

4. Is there any scientific evidence to support the Multiverse Theory?

While there is no direct evidence for the existence of parallel universes, some theories in physics, such as string theory and quantum mechanics, suggest that the Multiverse Theory may be possible. However, more research and evidence is needed to fully support this theory.

5. How does the Multiverse Theory impact our understanding of time?

The Multiverse Theory challenges our traditional understanding of time as a linear progression. If multiple universes exist simultaneously, then time may not be a fixed concept, and events may occur in different orders or at different times in different universes. This theory opens up new possibilities for our understanding of time and the nature of reality.