The ultimate physical/mathematical beauty

• Mathematica
  • Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Beauty
In summary: I can't help but think how amazing it is that something so small and simple can create so much beauty.
Loren Booda
From your visions of mathematical and physical wonders, what real or imagined phenomenon inspires the most awe?

(For me? The myriad and kaleidoscopic nascent galaxies of the early universe, shown in the Hubble Deep Field. Also, a model that depicts the macrocosmos also existing within us as a microcosmos, proposed in my website below.)

Physics news on Phys.org
Wave-particle duality.

- Warren

From your visions of mathematical and physical wonders, what real or imagined phenomenon inspires the most awe?

The nature of extra terrestials, if they exist. 'Cause they will be nothing we can ever imagine.

when i read the string theory explanation for how particles interact in particular antiparticles it was like a light being turned on, ever since i have been i love with physics.

i also never cease to be astounded by euclidian geometry, so beautifully perfect yet perfectly simple!

What inspires the most awe?

For me, a simple rainbow.

[inte]Cos[x]/[x^2+1] dx = [pi]/e
int from -[oo] to [oo]

In general, the universe.

In particular, life, light and energy.

I would have to concur with J-man.
I don't know how many times I've just stopped marveled at the beauty of life. From complex humans to basic bacteria, it amazes me all. I'd also like to take this opportunity to remind everyone how precious life is. Even though you may be sick and tired of someone in your daily life, or wonder "What were his parents thinking when they made him?!" we are ALL special. To paraprase Mr. Carl Sagan, even if the universe is brimming with intelligent life, our species on such a grand scale is completely unique. We are in essence, endangered.

The formulae for gravity.

F = GmM/r2

or

F = ∇(Gmm/r)

That we humans can know, know the Universe, it's laws, mathematics and
logic and thus the mind of God. Isn't "The Big Bang" just another way of saying "Let there be light."

• e[pi]i + 1 = 0
  • calculus notation in general
  • The pictures those guys from IBM made of quantum corrals
  • Rock faces (particularly in Cuese)
  • Falling Water (the Frank Lloyd Wright house, and just plain old H2O under the effects of gravity)
  • Yosemite

Last edited by a moderator:
the Fibonacci sequence

eNtRopY

Oops I left one thing of my list:

Mr. Burns! I mean look at that sexy beast. He's almost too hot to be allowed in these forums!

The fact that the Universe makes any sense at all. It never ceases to amaze me that we can actually write symbols on a piece of paper and predict what will happen in a limited amount of experiments.

As I go to one of my later classes, I pass by a small lake and just stare in awe as the water bounces and undulates about.

What is "The ultimate physical/mathematical beauty"?

"The ultimate physical/mathematical beauty" is a concept that refers to the idea that the laws and principles governing the universe can be described and understood through elegant and simple mathematical equations and theories.

Why is "The ultimate physical/mathematical beauty" important?

Studying and understanding "The ultimate physical/mathematical beauty" can provide insights and explanations into the fundamental workings of the universe. It can also lead to the development of new technologies and advancements in various fields of science and engineering.

Who coined the term "The ultimate physical/mathematical beauty"?

The term "The ultimate physical/mathematical beauty" was popularized by physicist and Nobel laureate, Richard Feynman. However, the concept has been explored and discussed by many scientists and mathematicians throughout history.

How does "The ultimate physical/mathematical beauty" relate to the concept of symmetry?

Symmetry plays a crucial role in "The ultimate physical/mathematical beauty" as it is often seen as a fundamental aspect of elegance and simplicity in mathematical equations and theories. Many physicists believe that the laws of nature exhibit a high degree of symmetry, which contributes to their beauty and elegance.

Are there any criticisms of "The ultimate physical/mathematical beauty"?

While some scientists and mathematicians see the pursuit of "The ultimate physical/mathematical beauty" as a valuable and inspiring goal, others may argue that it is subjective and may limit scientific exploration and discovery. Additionally, some may argue that focusing solely on beauty and elegance may overlook important complexities and nuances in the natural world.