What's the ultimate dilemma: attractiveness or physical attributes?

• Thread starter eNtRopY
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is discussing a hypothetical scenario in which someone must choose between two undesirable situations. The options include being either physically attractive but poorly endowed, or being unattractive but well endowed. The conversation then shifts to another hypothetical scenario in which someone must choose between being mentally handicapped but unaware of it, or being mentally handicapped and aware of their isolation and rejection. The conversation concludes with a question about whether one would rather be famous or rich, and a discussion on the pros and cons of each.
eNtRopY
This is going to be another one of those threads where one person poses a question and the next person answers the question and posts another question.

The idea behind this thread is that ask which of two bad situations is better.

Here we go...

Would you rather be a man who was very well endowed but horrifyingly ugly or very good looking but extremely poorly endowed?

eNtRopY

Physics news on Phys.org
Well endowed and ugly- I just whip it out and.. .but that's a tough call.

You have to have sex with one of these two- no bag, full frontal- pick one

Roseann Barr
Bea Arthur

Rosanne Barr... she didn't look that bad after lipo and cosmetic surgery.

Would you rather be a mentally retarded child who interpreted the mockery of the other children as sincere friendship and lived happily in the oblivian of your own ignorance; or would you rather be a mentally retarded child who was just smart enough to realize that the other children were not your friends which caused to isolate yourself from others while you constantly suffered the misery of rejection.

It's a question of personal happiness over the respect of others.

eNtRopY

personal happiness-screw the others.

Would you rather be famous or rich, but not both? And why?
(someone asked me this once)

Originally posted by Zantra
personal happiness-screw the others.

Would you rather be famous or rich, but not both? And why?
(someone asked me this once)

Rich. Fame means loss of freedoms. Rich means more freedom.

To know all, or to feel all?

Edit: I will not even attempt to list all of the negatives.

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
Rich. Fame means loss of freedoms. Rich means more freedom.

To know all, or to feel all?

Edit: I will not even attempt to list all of the negatives.

To feel it all- If I knew everything, I'd loose my purpose and drive in life.

Of course some of the teenagers already know it all, so let's ask them how it feels:wink:

What is the difference between attractiveness and physical attributes?

Attractiveness refers to an individual's overall appeal, including their personality, behavior, and physical appearance. Physical attributes specifically refer to a person's physical characteristics, such as height, weight, and facial features.

Which is more important, attractiveness or physical attributes?

This is a subjective question and can vary from person to person. However, studies have shown that both attractiveness and physical attributes play a role in initial attraction, but other factors such as personality and compatibility are more important in long-term relationships.

Can someone be attractive without having desirable physical attributes?

Yes, attractiveness is not solely based on physical appearance. A person's personality, behavior, and other non-physical traits can make them attractive to others.

Do attractiveness and physical attributes affect a person's success in life?

Research has shown that attractiveness and physical attributes can have a positive impact on a person's success in certain areas, such as job interviews and promotions. However, other factors such as intelligence and work ethic also play a significant role in a person's overall success.

Can physical attributes be changed while attractiveness cannot?

Physical attributes, such as weight and facial features, can be altered through various methods such as exercise, plastic surgery, and grooming. Attractiveness, on the other hand, is subjective and can vary from person to person, making it difficult to change.