Calculate equilibrium concentraion of NO2(g)

• Thread starter decibel
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Equilibrium
In summary, the conversation discusses two questions related to calculating equilibrium concentrations for chemical reactions. The first question involves finding the equilibrium concentration of NO2(g) for a reaction at 25 degrees with given concentrations of N2 and O2. The second question involves calculating the value of kc for a different reaction with given concentrations of SO2 and O2. The speaker also mentions that they have attempted to solve both questions and received help from others.
decibel
i have 2 questions, i just don't seem to get , here it goes

at 25 degrees, kc = 1.6 x 10^-17 for the reaction

N2(subscript) (g) + 2O2(subscript)(g) ---- 2NO2(subscript)(g)

concentration of N2 = .0320 mol^-1
concentraion of O2 = .00860 molL^-1

calculate equilibrium concentraion of NO2(g)

the second question is :

for the following rxn

2SOsubscript2 (g) + Osubscrupt2(g) ---- 2SOsucript3 (g)

calculate valua of kc if 4 mol of SO3 is placed in a 2L container and allowed to reach equil.

equililbrium concentration of O2 = .500 mol/L^-1

can someone help please?

Physics news on Phys.org
my answer for kc was 1 for the 2nd question , can anyone verify that?

i guess everyones hates me ^_^

I'm no expert in Chemistry, but I can say that there aren't many chemists on these boards. Maybe you should try posting on the Chemistry boards if you have not already.

HW policy is that you take at least a blind swing at the problem.

"One" looks good for Q2.

i did take a swing at them both, that's why I am posting them here :D...but nvm now i got them right thanks for "attempting" to help everyone haha

Last edited:

What is the formula for calculating equilibrium concentration of NO2(g)?

The formula for calculating equilibrium concentration of NO2(g) is [NO2(g)] = [NO2] + [NO2] / [N2O4], where [NO2(g)] is the equilibrium concentration of NO2(g), [NO2] is the concentration of NO2 initially present, and [N2O4] is the concentration of N2O4 initially present.

What is the equilibrium constant for calculating equilibrium concentration of NO2(g)?

The equilibrium constant for calculating equilibrium concentration of NO2(g) is Kc = [NO2(g)] / [N2O4]. This constant represents the ratio of products to reactants at equilibrium and is a measure of the extent of the reaction.

What factors influence the equilibrium concentration of NO2(g)?

The equilibrium concentration of NO2(g) is influenced by factors such as temperature, pressure, and initial concentrations of reactants. Changes in these factors can shift the equilibrium in a particular direction, resulting in different equilibrium concentrations of NO2(g).

How can the equilibrium concentration of NO2(g) be experimentally determined?

The equilibrium concentration of NO2(g) can be experimentally determined by performing a chemical reaction between NO2 and N2O4 and monitoring the change in concentration of each compound over time. The equilibrium concentration can then be calculated from the measured values.

What is the significance of calculating the equilibrium concentration of NO2(g)?

Calculating the equilibrium concentration of NO2(g) is important in understanding and predicting the behavior of chemical reactions. It allows scientists to determine the optimal conditions for a reaction to occur, as well as the amount of product that will be obtained at equilibrium.