How Could the Proton and Neutron Fit into Electron Cavitation Speculation?

In summary, the conversation centered around the idea of atoms being cavitations in the aether, and the speaker's speculation on how this could explain the properties and behavior of particles such as electrons. They also asked for ideas on how the proton and neutron could fit into this speculation. However, it is important to remember that these are just speculations and not proven scientific theories. The behavior and properties of particles can be better explained through established scientific theories, such as quantum mechanics and the standard model.
zoobyshoe
Neither a theory nor a hypothesis, this is a kind of fun speculation toy I like to think about one in a while:

In a book on mysticism I read a few years ago (written in the 1800s) the author asserted that atoms were cavitations in the aether.

I think the phenomenon of cavitations in water is cool, so I remembered this assertion and have tried to extend it.

It would probably not be possible to argue that whole atoms are cavitations from what we know today, but I like to think that individual particles might be speculated about this way. Take the electron.

In order for electrons to be cavitations and yet exhibit properties whereby they are more "solid" than the surrounding aether, it occurred to me they could be on the model of miniature hurricanes where the winds rushing around the low pressure center have great mass by virtue of their speed, despite being no more solid than the air inside the "eye" or the air outside the rotational zone.

The aether would have to be very much more light and delicate a thing than the 19th century conception, I think, for this to be. I would expect that the cavitations occurred to begin with when, at some point in the expansion of the universe, the aether was stretched beyond its limits resulting in uncountable cavitations that were the foundation of mass.

The aether would always be trying to get back into these cavitations from all directions at once interfering with itself as it does so creating hurricane like storms around each cavitation where the aether density is much higher than elsewhere.

I have lately been trying to come up with a way to figure out how this might result in electric field lines. It has occurred to me to stipulate that, this aether being what it is, and not air, the storms take the form of many tornados all with one end anchored on the cavitation and the other extending out to infinity in the aether.

Everything comes to a grinding halt here when I try to figure out an explanation for the oppositely charged proton, and when I ask why the other end of the electron tornados would be attracted to the proton, which should have some kind of tornados of its own.

Then there's the neutron. ? I got nothin'.

Photons don't seem to be much trouble because they are just waves in the electron's tornados, like the traveling wave that runs down a whip when you crack it. They can behave like particles in that they can knock an electron off a piece of metal just like you can knock a cigarette out of someone's mouth with a bullwhip, but they are essentially waves.

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas about how the proton and neutron could be fit into this speculation?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and speculations on the nature of atoms and particles. While it is certainly interesting to think about the possible connections between cavitations and particles, it is important to remember that these are just speculations and not proven scientific theories.

I believe it is important to base our understanding of the natural world on empirical evidence and rigorous experimentation. While the concept of aether was once popular in the 19th century, it has since been disproven through various experiments and observations.

Additionally, the behavior and properties of particles such as electrons, protons, and neutrons can be explained and predicted through well-established scientific theories such as quantum mechanics and the standard model.

While it is always fun to think outside the box and explore new ideas, it is important to approach them with a critical and scientific mindset. This means considering all available evidence and data, and being open to revising our ideas if new evidence contradicts them.

In regards to your question about the proton and neutron, these particles have complex internal structures that are still being studied and understood. They are made up of even smaller particles called quarks, which interact through the strong nuclear force. This force is responsible for keeping the protons and neutrons together in the nucleus of an atom.

In conclusion, while your speculations are certainly interesting and thought-provoking, they should be taken as just that – speculations. It is important to continue exploring and questioning the world around us, but always with a scientific and evidence-based approach. Thank you for sharing your ideas and keep on exploring!

It is certainly an interesting and thought-provoking speculation to consider the idea of atoms as cavitations in the aether. However, as you mentioned, it would be difficult to argue that whole atoms are cavitations based on our current understanding. But, as you suggested, individual particles like electrons could potentially fit into this speculation.

The idea of electrons as miniature hurricanes, with the aether rushing in and creating high-density storms around them, is a fascinating concept. This could potentially explain the electric field lines, as the aether is being pulled towards the electron and creating a "tornado-like" effect.

As for the proton and neutron, it is a bit more challenging to fit them into this speculation. One possibility could be that they are also cavitations in the aether, but with a different structure or mechanism that allows them to have opposite charges and interact with each other. Perhaps the aether is stretched differently around these particles, creating a different type of "storm" around them.

Another idea could be that the proton and neutron are not cavitations themselves, but rather they are created by the interaction of the aether with other particles. For example, the proton could be a result of the aether interacting with multiple electrons, creating a stable, positively charged particle.

Overall, while this speculation may not have concrete scientific evidence to support it, it is a fun and thought-provoking concept to consider. It may also inspire new ideas and theories about the nature of particles and their interactions with the aether.

1. What is an Electron Speculation Toy?

An Electron Speculation Toy is a toy designed to demonstrate the principles of electricity and electromagnetism. It typically consists of a circuit with various electronic components, such as batteries, switches, resistors, and LED lights, that can be manipulated to create different electrical patterns and behaviors.

2. How does an Electron Speculation Toy work?

An Electron Speculation Toy works by using the flow of electrons through a circuit to power its components and create different electrical effects. The position and arrangement of the components in the circuit determine the flow of electrons and the resulting patterns and behaviors.

3. What age range is suitable for playing with an Electron Speculation Toy?

An Electron Speculation Toy can be enjoyed by individuals of all ages, but it is typically recommended for children 8 years and older. Younger children may need adult supervision and assistance to fully understand and use the toy.

4. What skills can be learned from playing with an Electron Speculation Toy?

Playing with an Electron Speculation Toy can help develop critical thinking, problem-solving, and basic circuitry skills. It can also introduce children to the concepts of electricity and electromagnetism in a hands-on and engaging way.

5. Are there any safety concerns when playing with an Electron Speculation Toy?

While Electron Speculation Toys are generally safe to use, it is important to follow all instructions and precautions provided by the manufacturer. Adult supervision may also be necessary, especially for younger children. It is also important to use the toy as intended and avoid any modifications or alterations that may pose a safety risk.