Can Reverse Gravitational Force be Used for Interstellar Travel?

In summary, Reverse Gravity is the opposite of Gravity and is what keeps two bodies from not moving EXACTLY into the areas given by F=\frac {G_m_1_m_2} {r^2}...
IooqXpooI
(Sorry, I'm testing with the 'tex' code)

Reverse Gravitational Force is the opposite force of Gravity.

It is it that keeps two bodies from not moving EXACTLY into the areas given by [itex]F=\frac {G_m_1_m_2} {r^2}[/itex]...

You can test it by using EXTREMELY precise instruments, and checking if an object on a seesaw with its more massive counterpart align exactly to form a perfectly balanced seesaw.(Of course, you put friction into the picture...duh :tongue: )

Reverse Gravity applies to both objects(in a two body system)...(By the way)

Here are the equations...they may be flawed(of course, this all may be untrue! :wink: )...

[tex]R_g_1=\frac{r^2}{Gm_1^2}[/tex]
[tex]R_g_2=\frac{r^2}{Gm_2^2}[/tex]
[tex]D_t_1=\frac{t(R_g_1)}{m}[/tex]
[tex]D_t_2=\frac{t(R_g_2)}{m}[/tex]
[tex]T_D_t_1=t(F_2-R_g_1)[/tex]
[tex]T_D_t_2=t(F_1-R_g_2)[/tex]
[tex]R_g_i_t_b=\frac{r^2}{Gm_1m_2}

Hope that's correct!(Lemme go check my notebook...)

Where F equals Gravitational Force, [itex]R_g[/itex] equals Reverse Gravitational Force(with distinctions of which body it is applying to), [itex]D_t[/itex] equals the Distance traveled because of the Reverse Gravitational force(again with distinctions), [itex]R_g_i_t_b[/itex] equals the Reverse Gravity in two bodies, [itex]T_D_t[/itex] equals the total distance traveled because of Gravity and Reverse Gravity, [itex]G[/itex] equals Newton's Gravitational Constant, [itex]m_1[/itex] equals the mass of the more massive body, and [itex]m_2[/itex] equals the mass of the less massive body.

By the way, this has been edited from its original content to fit the screen of your brain. :p

Though I did edit this.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Can I still go out of the door and remain where I'd like to be?

arildno said:
Can I still go out of the door and remain where I'd like to be?
LOL!

Sure!

;)

:tongue:

Finally got it!

Anyone Here?

Antimatter and matter possesses inertial mass which is equivalent to gravitational mass. Due to this mass property they are both affected by gravity. But pure bosonic particles (e.g. photons) according to my research should not have inertial or gravity mass hence cannot be affected by gravity. The mass of the photon is defined as the kinetic mass (mass of motion in contrast to inertial mass as mass of rest). When there is kinetic mass, concept of momentum can be defined.

Actually, my research theorizes the existence of two kinds of mass. The potential and the kinetic mass.

Total mass of particle = potential mass + kinetic mass.

Further the total mass of particle only has a minimum but no maximum value. The property of mass has a lower bound but no upper bound.

Last edited:
Oh, and those are all in the point of view of the more massive one.

If there is no disparity of mass (very large and very small), then gravity cannot exist between two objects of equal mass because the forces of push or pull would be exactly equal.

No, Rg is A LOT less than G.

How do we make Rg very large so that we can travel to the star?

1. What is reverse gravitational force?

Reverse gravitational force is a hypothetical concept that suggests the existence of a force that repels rather than attracts objects. It is the opposite of the familiar gravitational force that pulls objects towards each other.

2. Is reverse gravitational force real?

No, reverse gravitational force has not been proven to exist. It is currently only a theoretical concept and has not been observed or measured in any scientific experiments.

3. How does reverse gravitational force differ from regular gravitational force?

Reverse gravitational force is the opposite of regular gravitational force in that it repels rather than attracts objects. While regular gravitational force is caused by the mass of an object, reverse gravitational force would be caused by a negative mass.

4. Can reverse gravitational force be used for space travel?

There is currently no evidence to suggest that reverse gravitational force can be used for space travel. The concept is still purely theoretical and would require a significant advancement in technology in order to be utilized.

5. Are there any potential applications of reverse gravitational force?

Some scientists have proposed that reverse gravitational force could have potential applications in creating artificial gravity for space stations or spacecraft, but this remains purely speculative and has not been proven or tested.