Understanding Sudden Heart Stopping: A Personal Account from China

• Thread starter yan
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker's husband, a 27-year-old healthy man, suddenly fainted at work and experienced convulsions, stopped breathing and palpitations. He was hospitalized and recovered after three days, but now suffers from memory loss. Doctors are unsure of the cause and prognosis. The speaker is seeking opinions and advice for her husband's condition.
yan
i come from China. My husband, he is only 27 years old, he had good health, had no any disease.
But at the end of last month, one day morning, he went to the office, suddenly
faint down to the floor, he fell backwards. His mouth spit the foam, his legs
and hands convulsions, had no breathed, the palpitation stopped, in the
hospital, after heart and lung recovers technique, the palpitation and breathes
restores, the stupor 3 days, insensible. After 3 days, he woke up.
After brain CT, the electroencephalogram (EEG), after the heart color ultra
inspection,
does not have the unusual symptom. At present Doctor still have no any
conclusion. Now he stay at home, everything is normal, but he forget many thing
in the past, and now, he has no memory ability at all, if we tell him
something, he forget instant.
What we are worried is, why his heart stopped suddenly. The doctors say they
are not sure if it will happen again. In the first 3 days, the doctors told me
it’s called “ dead suddenly in Medical”, the doctor told me that it’s
hopeless that my husband will wake up, even he could wake up, he will become
plant human, but now everything is ok, it seem that my husband is ok now. But I
am not sure.
I do hope that you can give me the opinion. Thanks. I look forwards for your
early response.
Please contact me: fnyz@hotmail.com angela.yan@caramail.com

Biology news on Phys.org

Dear Angela,

I am so sorry to hear about your husband's sudden heart stopping. It must have been a terrifying and confusing experience for both of you. It is understandable that you are worried and seeking answers about what happened.

From your description, it sounds like your husband experienced a cardiac arrest, which is a sudden stop in heart function. This can happen to anyone, regardless of age or overall health. It is often caused by an underlying heart condition, such as an abnormal heart rhythm or a blockage in the arteries. Sometimes, it can also happen without any known cause.

I am glad to hear that your husband's heart and brain function have been restored, and that he is now awake and at home. However, it is not uncommon for people to experience memory loss or cognitive difficulties after a cardiac arrest, as the brain may have been deprived of oxygen during the event. This can improve with time and rehabilitation, but it is important to work closely with your doctor to monitor any changes and address any concerns.

As for the possibility of it happening again, it is difficult to predict. Your husband's doctors will likely continue to monitor his heart closely and may recommend further tests to determine the cause of the cardiac arrest. In the meantime, it is important for him to follow any lifestyle changes or medications prescribed by his doctor to help prevent future incidents.

I hope this information helps to answer some of your questions. Please know that it is normal to feel anxious and scared after such a traumatic experience. I encourage you to continue communicating with your husband's doctors and to seek support from loved ones during this time. Take care.

1. What type of help are you looking for?

I am looking for any type of help that you are able to provide. It could be in the form of advice, resources, or assistance with a specific task.

2. Can you provide more information about your situation?

Yes, I am currently struggling with a problem or issue and am seeking guidance or support to help me overcome it. Any additional details you may need, I am happy to provide.

3. How can I help you?

Thank you for offering to help. You can assist me by sharing your knowledge, experience, or skills in the relevant area. Simply offering a listening ear and offering your perspective can also be incredibly valuable.

4. What if I am not able to help you?

No worries, I appreciate your willingness to help. If you are unable to help me, I completely understand. Maybe you know someone else who could provide assistance, or even just sharing this post with others could potentially connect me with someone who can help.

5. How can I contact you to offer help?

You can reach me through [method of contact]. I am open to any form of communication, whether it be through email, phone, or meeting in person. Thank you in advance for your willingness to help.