VB code and browser compatibility

• Thread starter hitssquad
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Code
In summary: OP use a color other than grey for better readability, and asked for a screenshot. Nereid also suggests checking if Microsoft ClearType is being used. In summary, the conversation is about formatting and readability issues in the OP's posts, with suggestions for improvement and clarification.
hitssquad
Originally posted by zoobyshoe in PF message https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=156445#post156445
Hitsquad

Could you please delete the enormous gap you left between the end of your quote and the end of your post. Makes it extremely difficult to scroll.
Here are some screenshots of my post as viewed by IE6 on Windows XP.

My https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=156404#post156404 seems to have neither a large gap nor multiple large gaps. Could you give directions to where in the post you specifically see a gap, and/or post screenshots? Could you also say what browser software you are using?

-Chris

Physics news on Phys.org
I agree with zooby, your posts are quite a challenge to read.

You might consider using a colour other than 'grey' (if you take a look using Netscape rather than IE you'll see it can make a difference).

Also, you seem to be fond of lots of blank lines; [ QUOTE ] already adds a blank line, both before and after; you seem to add even more.

Chris's postings are abominations to any decent sense of layout aesthetics

Originally posted by Nereid
I agree with zooby, your posts are quite a challenge to read.
Zoobyshoe said, regarding one post in particular, that there was a "gap ... between the end of [the] quote and the end of [the] post" which made it "difficult to scroll."He mentioned nothing about my posts being a challenge to read.
You might consider using a colour other than 'grey' (if you take a look using Netscape rather than IE you'll see it can make a difference).
Could you post a screenshot?Also, are you using http://www.microsoft.com/typography/cleartype/default.htm[/color].-Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How can I make sure my VB code is compatible with different browsers?

To ensure compatibility, it is important to use standard VB code that follows the guidelines set by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). This includes using proper syntax and avoiding browser-specific features. It is also helpful to test your code on different browsers and versions to identify any compatibility issues.

2. Are there any specific browser versions that may cause issues with VB code?

Yes, certain older versions of browsers may not support some VB code features. It is important to check the compatibility of your code with popular browsers such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. Additionally, Internet Explorer may have limited support for some VB code, especially in newer versions.

3. Can I use VB code in all web browsers?

No, VB code is primarily used in Microsoft products and is not supported by all web browsers. It is important to check the compatibility of your code with different browsers before using it on a live website.

4. What do I do if my VB code is not working in a specific browser?

If your code is not working in a specific browser, first check for any syntax errors or unsupported features. If the issue persists, you may need to use a different approach or find an alternative solution that is compatible with that specific browser.

5. Is there a way to make VB code work on older browsers?

Some older browsers may not support newer VB code features. In these cases, you may need to use a polyfill or a library that provides support for older browsers. Alternatively, you can write your code using more basic and widely supported VB features to ensure compatibility with older browsers.