Young's Interference experiment

In summary, the speaker is asking if anyone knows where to find a scanned or copied version of Young's original experiment, as they need it for a project. They have not been able to find it online or in their library's database.
Dembara
I am not sure if this is the correct place to put this question, as it is rather straight forward. But anyway, does anyone know if/where I could find a scanned (or otherwise copied) copy of Young's original experiment (or his paper(s) on it)?

I am doing a project, that amounts to some variations of the experiment, as such, I would like to be able to site the original as a source, but as of yet, I have been unable to find any copies of it (online and in my library's database).

Science news on Phys.org
Dembara said:
I am not sure if this is the correct place to put this question, as it is rather straight forward. But anyway, does anyone know if/where I could find a scanned (or otherwise copied) copy of Young's original experiment (or his paper(s) on it)?

I am doing a project, that amounts to some variations of the experiment, as such, I would like to be able to site the original as a source, but as of yet, I have been unable to find any copies of it (online and in my library's database).
You can find the original here: http://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/item/63005#page/5/mode/1up

Related to Young's Interference experiment

1. What is Young's Interference experiment?

Young's Interference experiment is an experiment that demonstrates the wave nature of light. It involves passing a beam of light through two closely spaced slits and observing the resulting interference pattern on a screen.

2. Who discovered Young's Interference experiment?

The experiment was first conducted by English physicist Thomas Young in the early 1800s. He used it to support his theory that light behaves as a wave rather than a stream of particles.

3. What is the principle behind Young's Interference experiment?

The principle behind the experiment is that when light waves from two sources interfere with each other, they create a pattern of alternating bright and dark fringes on a screen. This is due to the constructive and destructive interference of the waves.

4. What is the significance of Young's Interference experiment?

This experiment was a crucial step in the development of the wave theory of light and played a major role in the acceptance of the theory. It also provided evidence for the concept of superposition, where two waves can combine to create a new wave.

5. Can Young's Interference experiment be applied to other forms of waves?

Yes, the principles of the experiment can be applied to other forms of waves, such as sound waves or water waves. In fact, the experiment has been replicated using water waves to demonstrate the same interference pattern.