X109B14 modified transistorized totally automated machine

In summary, the conversation discusses the relevance of The Twilight Zone episode "The Brain Center at Whipple's" which was originally shown in 1967 but is still applicable 47 years later. The conversation also mentions the theme of automation and its potential dangers to humanity, citing other works that explore this concept.
dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'm watching The Twilight Zone episode The Brain Center at Whipple's on Me-TV. It was originally shown in 1967 but is still relevant 47 years later. Comments?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFgLVU-eKRE

Likes 1 person
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
What is relevant?
wikipedia.org said:
... to increase output by installing a machine ... which leads to layoffs.
Sounds relevant to me. But that's progress. :wink:

dlgoff said:
I'm watching The Twilight Zone episode The Brain Center at Whipple's on Me-TV. It was originally shown in 1967 but is still relevant 47 years later. Comments?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFgLVU-eKRE

Can't really watch this at the moment (at work), but if the theme is the obsolescence of man or even danger to man caused by automation, there are many earlier works that explore this very well. Two early examples that spring to mind: Karel Capek's 1920 play "R.U.R." (Rossum's Universal Robots) that coined the term robot, and Fritz Lang's 1927 German silent film masterpiece "Metropolis".

Related to X109B14 modified transistorized totally automated machine

1. What is a "X109B14 modified transistorized totally automated machine"?

A "X109B14 modified transistorized totally automated machine" is a type of advanced technology that is designed to perform specific tasks with minimal human intervention. It utilizes a modified transistorized system to automate its processes and streamline its functions.

2. How does a "X109B14 modified transistorized totally automated machine" work?

The "X109B14 modified transistorized totally automated machine" works by using a series of electronic components and circuits to receive, process, and output data. The modified transistorized system allows for precise and efficient control of the machine's operations, making it highly reliable and accurate.

3. What are the benefits of using a "X109B14 modified transistorized totally automated machine"?

There are several benefits to using a "X109B14 modified transistorized totally automated machine", including increased efficiency, reduced human error, and the ability to handle complex tasks with ease. This type of machine can also save time and labor costs by automating repetitive processes.

4. What industries can benefit from a "X109B14 modified transistorized totally automated machine"?

A "X109B14 modified transistorized totally automated machine" can be beneficial in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, healthcare, transportation, and agriculture. It can be used for tasks such as assembly, quality control, data analysis, and more.

5. Is a "X109B14 modified transistorized totally automated machine" expensive?

The cost of a "X109B14 modified transistorized totally automated machine" can vary depending on its specific features and capabilities. However, in most cases, the initial investment is offset by the long-term cost savings and increased efficiency it provides. Additionally, as technology advances, the cost of these machines is becoming more affordable for businesses of all sizes.