Writing Accurate SciFi: Balancing Imagination and Scientific Validity

• Thread starter Will Martin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    scifi
In summary, writing accurate science fiction involves finding a balance between imagination and scientific validity. This means incorporating elements of fantasy and imagination while also ensuring that the scientific concepts and details are accurate and believable. Authors must conduct thorough research and consult with experts in relevant fields to ensure their stories are plausible and scientifically sound. Additionally, they must use creative and innovative approaches to explore and expand on scientific ideas and theories, while still staying within the realm of possibility. By finding this balance, writers can create compelling and believable science fiction stories that captivate audiences.
Will Martin
Hey, folks. I'm a college grad, but that was many years ago (1984, and yes, I still feel like the novel "1984" is discussing a year in the "future"). I'm now working in the tech industry, but am trying to write SciFi. Unlike some SciFi, though, I want it to be relatively accurate. Oh, sure there will be some things that are "way out there" just due to the medium, but I want the underlying science to be as accurate as I can make it.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

There is a SciFi forum under Rest Frame Lounge, check it out. :smile: