Would You Buy an Anti-Aging Treatment in 60 Years?

• Thread starter KingAntikrist
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Money
In summary: It's also possible that the future may hold negative events, but it's important to remain optimistic and hopeful for the future. Additionally, it's important to focus on making the most out of the present rather than constantly looking towards the future.
KingAntikrist
...in let's say 60 years from now (that makes me 78 yrs old), would you buy a "treatment" that dampens the aging process of your cells? The reason i ask this question is because i'd by one just to live longer till i can see with my own eyes the discovery of intelligent beings on another planet, interstellar travel made possible and if the astrophysicists have finally found the cause of the accelerating expansion of the universe (although we know the cause is some kind of "dark energy", but i want to know precise what it is :D).

Argument your answer pls :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
I would definitely buy one, crowing over the miseries of others never gets old.

I would not want to be old any longer than necessary. If it would reverse the aging process and I could live longer as a healthy young person, it would depend on the side effects.

I would buy it just to examine the advancement of technology in general.

I always find myself jealous of people living 100 years from now. I call it temporal envy.

KingAntikrist said:
...in let's say 60 years from now (that makes me 78 yrs old), would you buy a "treatment" that dampens the aging process of your cells? The reason i ask this question is because i'd by one just to live longer till i can see with my own eyes the discovery of intelligent beings on another planet, interstellar travel made possible and if the astrophysicists have finally found the cause of the accelerating expansion of the universe (although we know the cause is some kind of "dark energy", but i want to know precise what it is :D).

Argument your answer pls :biggrin:

Yes, I'd buy one...if I was young and healthy. That's the answer I give now, while I'm healthy (not so young though)...but if you ask me when I'm 78 and frail, I bet I'd say heck yes!

60 years ago, when I was 78 I bought the stuff, but it was a waste of money. It didn't work.

jimmysnyder said:
60 years ago, when I was 78 I bought the stuff, but it was a waste of money. It didn't work.

What was it ? ^^

jimmysnyder said:

Ok Merlin. I think the question assumes that it does :-p.

When it's time to die I choose death, not a moment before or after.

Huckleberry said:
When it's time to die I choose death, not a moment before or after.

Great. This will take natural causes out of the equation and make it all the more your choice.

Math Jeans said:
Great. This will take natural causes out of the equation and make it all the more your choice.
That's kind of what I meant, but it also means that there are more important things to consider than life and death itself. I don't consider life or death to be a thing to be avoided or sought after. I try not to let it be a factor in my decisions.

Last edited:
Math Jeans said:
Ok Merlin. I think the question assumes that it does :-p.
Nah. If we've discovered intelligent beings on another planet, made interstellar travel possible and found the cause of the accelerating expansion of the universe or precisely what "dark energy" is, I haven't seen it with my own eyes.

I'd buy myself an MIT education... sigh...

How can you be jealous of people living a hundred years from now? You can't know what will happen a hundred years from now. Al Quida might have nuked the West by then and herded the survivors into slave camps. Would you be jealous of people living in those conditions?

You can't buy yourself an MIT education, I hope. Any self respecting physics professor will tell show you the door if you try and buy your way in. Then again, maybe I'm being too optimistic! Anyone tried this experiment? If there are any proper investigative journalists left, why not try this? Try and buy your way into MIT and film it!

Not if you have billions!

lisab said:
Yes, I'd buy one...if I was young and healthy. That's the answer I give now, while I'm healthy (not so young though)...but if you ask me when I'm 78 and frail, I bet I'd say heck yes!

Hmm. Being a twenty-something with 78 years of life experience and living off of a pension. If my brain cells reverted back as well, I think that I would be in a lot of trouble. :rolleyes:

I'm immortal so I don't have to worry.

mal4mac said:
You can't buy yourself an MIT education, I hope. Any self respecting physics professor will tell show you the door if you try and buy your way in.

I think you are underestimating the power of money here.

Besides, would we really want to slow the aging process ? What with overpopulation ?

marlon

Kurdt said:
I'm immortal so I don't have to worry.

You should have come to the Gentse Feesten. I would have shown you how immortal you are. Ahh, the power of alcohol !

marlon

Is it in powder form? I'll snort anything at least once.

mal4mac said:
How can you be jealous of people living a hundred years from now? You can't know what will happen a hundred years from now. Al Quida might have nuked the West by then and herded the survivors into slave camps. Would you be jealous of people living in those conditions?

You are being pessimistic.

My tomorrow has always been better than my yesterday so next tomorrow would also be better :P.

rootX said:
My tomorrow has always been better than my yesterday so next tomorrow would also be better :P.
Me too. The day of my birth was the worst day of my life and the day of my death will be the best.

mal4mac said:

My temporal envy spawns from being nostalgic about Star Trek.

Related to Would You Buy an Anti-Aging Treatment in 60 Years?

1. How effective is the anti-aging treatment in reversing the signs of aging?

The effectiveness of an anti-aging treatment depends on various factors such as the ingredients, formulation, and individual skin type. Some treatments may show significant results in reducing wrinkles and fine lines, while others may not be as effective. It is important to research the ingredients and read reviews before purchasing an anti-aging treatment.

2. Will the anti-aging treatment have any harmful side effects?

As a scientist, I cannot guarantee that any treatment will be completely free of side effects. However, most reputable anti-aging treatments undergo rigorous testing and are generally safe for use. It is important to follow the instructions and consult a dermatologist if you experience any adverse reactions.

3. Can the anti-aging treatment be used on all skin types?

Not all anti-aging treatments are suitable for every skin type. Some may be too harsh for sensitive skin, while others may not provide enough hydration for dry skin. It is important to choose a treatment that is specifically formulated for your skin type to avoid any potential irritation or ineffectiveness.

4. How often should the anti-aging treatment be used for best results?

The frequency of use for an anti-aging treatment may vary depending on the product. Some may recommend daily use, while others may only need to be used a few times a week. It is important to follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer to achieve optimal results.

5. Are there any natural or DIY alternatives to anti-aging treatments?

There are some natural ingredients such as retinol, vitamin C, and hyaluronic acid that have been shown to have anti-aging properties. However, their effectiveness may not be as potent as commercially available treatments. DIY alternatives may also not be as safe or stable as professionally formulated products. It is important to do thorough research and consult a dermatologist before using any natural or DIY anti-aging treatments.