Worth investing time to learn Workbench

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of ANSYS at the speaker's company and the decision between using standalone or the workbench platform for analysis. The speaker also mentions the use of CFX and ADPL for FEA and asks for advice. The response suggests that Workbench captures 90% of ANSYS' capabilities and provides a more intuitive GUI interface with strong visualization. The remaining 10% can be controlled through command scripts in the model tree.
koab1mjr
At my company no one really uses it but I know ANSYS is pushing its development. I am young in my career and I am wondering if I should just focus working in standalone or focus performing analysis from the workbench platform. Do I lose anything doing CFX or something from workbench. I know for FEA there are some things that can be done via ADPL that cannot be accomplished with workbench. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Engineering news on Phys.org
It really deends on what kind of modeling you will be doing, and how advanced you want to get in your setups. In my opinion, 90% of ANSYS' capabilities are captured in Workbench, and the last 10% can be controlled through command scripts in the model tree (still in Workbench).

Workbench provides a more intuitive GUI interface with strong visualization capability, I think it's worth knowing.

Related to Worth investing time to learn Workbench

1. What is a Workbench?

A Workbench is a software program used in the field of science and engineering for designing, simulating, and analyzing complex systems and processes. It provides a graphical user interface for creating and manipulating models, running simulations, and visualizing data.

2. Why is it worth investing time to learn Workbench?

Learning Workbench can greatly enhance your ability to model and analyze complex systems, making it a valuable skill for scientists and engineers. It can also save time and resources by allowing for virtual experimentation and optimization before conducting physical experiments.

3. How difficult is it to learn Workbench?

Workbench has a user-friendly interface and does not require any coding knowledge, making it relatively easy to learn. However, proficiency in Workbench does require a basic understanding of mathematical modeling and simulation techniques.

4. What industries commonly use Workbench?

Workbench is used in a variety of industries, including aerospace, automotive, energy, and manufacturing. It is particularly useful for analyzing complex systems and processes in these fields and has become a standard tool in many engineering and scientific organizations.

5. Are there any resources available for learning Workbench?

Yes, there are many resources available for learning Workbench, including online tutorials, user guides, and training courses. Additionally, many universities offer courses that incorporate Workbench into their curriculum. It is also helpful to practice using Workbench on real-world problems to gain hands-on experience and improve proficiency.