World's most expensive car crash

In summary: While this site is wrong about the details, it has more pictures. Priceless Ferrari crashThe Tiger Woods encounter with a fire hydrant was in the billion dollar range.In summary, the eight Ferraris in a car crash cost millions of dollars to repair, one of the drivers had only minor scratches and may have died if the father hadn't left the key in the car, and the crash was only a cheap fender bender for all the people who can afford the cars.
Borg
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Physics news on Phys.org
Nice Borg,

Correct me if I am wrong, but many Ferrari's and Lambo's are to made to customer order.

I bet there will be some unhappy owners in the near future. There was one Lambo in the mix as well.

I would be more upset if that was a truck load of superbikes though, but that is just me.

CBS news on TV just said it will cost a million dollars to repair them.

Amazing ways drivers find to wreck these expensive toys, take a look:

Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche Crashes

Rhody...

Yes, I believe that they have long waiting lists. I didn't see my favorite in your link. From what I remember, the car only had 17 miles on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4xHeDpE3UA

Borg said:
Yes, I believe that they have long waiting lists. I didn't see my favorite in your link. From what I remember, the car only had 17 miles on it.
God, how horrible, what was the father thinking, seriously, without him and her at the wheel at first, and then only on deserted country roads. I am willing to bet she died in the crash too, what a waste.

Rhody...

Last edited:
rhody said:
God, how horrible, what was the father thinking, seriously, without him and her at the wheel at first, and then only on deserted country roads. I am willing to bet she died in the crash too, what a waste.

Rhody...
She took it without permission and only had minor scratches. I was trying to find the pictures that I have someplace. From what I remember, she went airborne and cut a telephone pole in half. I'm sure that the punishment she suffered later was much worse.

Did anyone die? Anyone maimed for life? Otherwise it was a cheap fender bender for all the people who can afford these cars.

Hit the pole at 300 km/h = 186 mph?! I'd believe it based on where the front of the car is in relation to the pole, and the fact that the engine is ripped out of the car.

I guess she didn't see the pole coming. :rolleyes:

She took it without permission? Why did the father leave the key where she could get it?

Borg said:
She took it without permission and only had minor scratches. I was trying to find the pictures that I have someplace. From what I remember, she went airborne and cut a telephone pole in half. I'm sure that the punishment she suffered later was much worse.
Even so, I would be willing to bet at 186 mph with a few degrees of extra rotation before impact she may have died a horrible death, something no parent ever wants to see. The four point harness/airbag and a whole lot of good karma probably saved her life.

Rhody...

Last edited:
I finally found the original news story which is nowhere close to the teenaged driver story that I've always seen. It appears that some people on the internet just make stuff up. :confused:

Stefan Eriksson Ferrari Crash

While this site is wrong about the details, it has more pictures.
Priceless Ferrari crash

At least we didn't have fatalities or (gasp!) the loss of a priceless GTO.

turbo said:
At least we didn't have fatalities or (gasp!) the loss of a priceless GTO.
A client/customer of mine owned one, bought at a world-record price. He could afford it.

The Tiger Woods encounter with a fire hydrant was in the billion dollar range.

Borg said:
I finally found the original news story which is nowhere close to the teenaged driver story that I've always seen. It appears that some people on the internet just make stuff up. :confused:

Stefan Eriksson Ferrari Crash

While this site is wrong about the details, it has more pictures.
Priceless Ferrari crash
From the "Ferrari Crash" link:
But in fact, Brooks said Monday, the car was traveling 162 mph when it crashed, far faster than the 120 mph originally believed. The Ferrari, with just a few inches of undercarriage clearance, hit a bump at a crest in the road, sending the vehicle airborne and into the power pole, Brooks said.

Rhody...

Related to World's most expensive car crash

1. What was the cause of the world's most expensive car crash?

The world's most expensive car crash was caused by a chain reaction accident involving 14 cars on a highway in Japan. The initial collision occurred when a Ferrari driver lost control of his vehicle and hit a median barrier, causing other cars to collide in a domino effect.

2. How much did the world's most expensive car crash cost?

The total cost of the world's most expensive car crash was estimated to be around $4 million. This includes the cost of the damaged cars, as well as the cleanup and repair of the highway.

3. Were there any injuries or fatalities in the world's most expensive car crash?

Thankfully, there were no fatalities in the world's most expensive car crash. However, there were several injuries reported, including the Ferrari driver who caused the initial collision.

4. What were the most expensive cars involved in the crash?

The most expensive cars involved in the crash were a Ferrari, a Lamborghini, and a Porsche. These three cars alone accounted for over $1 million in damages.

5. Has there ever been a more expensive car crash since then?

As of now, there has not been a car crash that has surpassed the estimated cost of the world's most expensive car crash. However, there have been other high-profile car crashes involving expensive cars, such as the 2011 Ferrari crash in Singapore which caused over $1 million in damages.