Wiring Diagram for 3-Phase Contactor with Two Switches - Ahmed Hassan

• Thread starter ahmedahmed
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Contactor
In summary, the conversation is about a user named Ahmed asking for help finding a wiring diagram for a 3-phase contactor with two switches. They clarify that the contactor should stop working when the electricity goes off and express gratitude for the helpful responses. Ahmed also asks about the purpose of terminals 21 and 22 in the contactor, to which the other users suggest that they are normally closed. The conversation ends with Ahmed finding the information they need and thanking the others for their assistance.
ahmedahmed
Hi everybody

I am new here but I hope that you help me.

I need wiring diagram for 3-phase contactor with two switches one for start (give the contactor the signal) and the other for stop.

when the electricity went off , the contactor should stop working

it's too simple not complicated

Thanks

Best Regards
Ahmed Hassan

Engineering news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:
please refer to attached diagram.

Attachments

• sss.bmp
    263.1 KB · Views: 569
Ohhh

thanks for Don and m.s.j

it's really helped me

Thanks

What is case of the two terminals 21 and 22 in the contactor ?

We don't have any idea because we don't know which contactor you have. What makes you think all contactors have the same terminal numbers?

NO
I know that's every contactor has it's only terminal numbers but...

If there is 21 and 22 number in contactor , what is the situation for?

No (Normally Open)
Nc (normally Closed)

Thanks

I have no way of knowing. What is the brand and model number of the contactor?

Thanks

I'm looking in moeller contactor and found the thing I need.

I found that the connection terminal for (21 and 22) normally Closed and the terminals (13 and 14) Normally Open if the contactor not work

Thanks again

Just a sugestion, but perhaps in the future you could at least make a token effort to find the information yourself before stating a thread here. Obviously the information was available to you; this could have been finished a week ago.

Related to Wiring Diagram for 3-Phase Contactor with Two Switches - Ahmed Hassan

1. What is a contactor?

A contactor is an electrical switch that is used to control the flow of electricity to a load. It is commonly used in industrial and commercial settings to control high voltage and high current circuits.

2. What is a 3-phase contactor?

A 3-phase contactor is a type of contactor that is specifically designed to handle three-phase electrical systems. It has three sets of contacts, one for each phase, and is able to handle higher voltage and current than a single-phase contactor.

3. What is the purpose of two switches in a wiring diagram for a 3-phase contactor?

The two switches in a wiring diagram for a 3-phase contactor are used to control the contactor from two different locations. This allows for more convenient and flexible operation of the contactor.

4. How do you wire a 3-phase contactor with two switches?

To wire a 3-phase contactor with two switches, you will need to connect the switches to the control circuit of the contactor. This typically involves connecting the switches in series with each other and then connecting them to the control terminals of the contactor according to the wiring diagram.

5. What are the benefits of using a 3-phase contactor with two switches?

Using a 3-phase contactor with two switches allows for more convenient and flexible control of the contactor. It also provides redundancy in case one switch fails, ensuring that the contactor can still be operated. Additionally, using two switches can improve safety by allowing the contactor to be controlled from a distance.