Windows Vista - Internet/Firewall doesn't work

In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's sister having computer issues, including a frozen screen, internet and firewall not working, and difficulty connecting to the router. The speaker suggests checking the connection settings as a possible solution, but also mentions that the sister is using Windows Vista, which may be the root of the problem.
acurate
My sister just came into my room asking for help, when I came to her room she told me that her computer froze and she waited for 20 minutes for it to unstuck but it didn't and she turned it off, when she turned it on her Internet was not working and neither did her Firewall. I tried turning on the internet but it cannot find any network, not even the router which is connected to the computer.

The wi-fi in my home is working just fine for me and for her laptop, but the PC's internet does not work.

When I tried to turn on Firewall it didn't work either.

Anyone know what's going on? Would really appreciate any help I can get.

Computer science news on Phys.org
acurate said:
Windows Vista ...
See, there's your problem, right there. :rolleyes:

phinds said:
See, there's your problem, right there. :rolleyes:
I knooow but somehow my sister really likes it. Don't ask why. I don't know myself but this is a really serious problem.

acurate said:
I knooow but somehow my sister really likes it. Don't ask why. I don't know myself but this is a really serious problem.
Yeah, sorry ... I know it's a serious problem but I just couldn't help myself. Have you looked at the connection settings? Maybe some configuration variable got changed somehow and it's looking for the wrong kind of connection. I don't know anything specific to look for, that's just a suggestion, which you most likely have already tried.

What is Windows Vista?

Windows Vista is a computer operating system developed by Microsoft and released in 2006. It was the successor to Windows XP and offered new features such as an updated graphical user interface and improved security.

Why is my internet not working on Windows Vista?

There could be several reasons why your internet is not working on Windows Vista. Some common causes include outdated network drivers, incorrect network settings, or a faulty internet connection. It is important to troubleshoot and identify the specific issue in order to find a solution.

Why is my firewall not working on Windows Vista?

Similar to internet connectivity issues, a faulty firewall on Windows Vista could be due to outdated software or settings. It is important to make sure the firewall is properly configured and up-to-date in order to protect your computer from potential threats.

How can I fix my internet and firewall on Windows Vista?

First, try restarting your computer and router to refresh the internet connection. If that does not work, check your network settings and make sure they are correct. You may also need to update your network drivers. For firewall issues, make sure the software is properly configured and try running a diagnostic tool to identify and fix any potential problems.

Is Windows Vista still supported?

No, Windows Vista stopped receiving mainstream support from Microsoft in 2012 and extended support in 2017. This means that while the operating system is still functional, it no longer receives security updates or technical support from Microsoft. It is recommended to upgrade to a newer operating system for better security and functionality.