Will people buy a physics textbook writed by a 18 years old ?

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of an 18-year-old writing a physics textbook and whether people would buy it and if it could be published. The response is that it is unlikely due to competition from established authors and the need for professional writing skills. The conversation ends with a recommendation to seek advice on a writer's forum.
ricky33
If I writed a physics textbook at 18 that countain all physics equations laws texts and facts from grade 9 to the first year of undergrad (freshman) and I will put in the book from where and how was derived each equation . Will people buy my textbook as a 18 years old ? And can I find a publisher ?

Physics news on Phys.org
I hope you realize that you'll face plenty of competition from established authors who've been writing textbooks for decades.

Nobody will buy a text "writed" by someone who is not an expert in the field.

As was said in a previous thread of yours:

ZapperZ said:
I question your sense of reality, as if making "a good theoretical discovery" at ANY age is a common thing, much less at the age of 21.

CalcNerd said:
However, it is definitely pretentious of you, at the very least (and more like manically egotistical) to think that you actually belong in the above crowd

This was good advice.

ricky33 said:
If I writed a physics textbook at 18 that countain all physics equations laws texts and facts from grade 9 to the first year of undergrad (freshman) and I will put in the book from where and how was derived each equation . Will people buy my textbook as a 18 years old ? And can I find a publisher ?
ricky33, if you want to write a textbook then you need to seriously improve your writing. Regardless of the content, you will need to learn to write like a professional.

I recommend that you take this up at a writer's forum, not here. Thread closed.

Related to Will people buy a physics textbook writed by a 18 years old ?

1. Can an 18-year-old write a physics textbook?

Yes, an 18-year-old can write a physics textbook. Age does not necessarily determine one's ability to write a textbook. As long as the individual has a strong understanding of physics and the necessary writing skills, they can write a textbook.

2. Is an 18-year-old qualified to write a physics textbook?

Qualifications for writing a physics textbook include a deep understanding of the subject matter, strong research skills, and the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts. These qualifications are not dependent on age, so an 18-year-old can be qualified to write a physics textbook if they possess these skills.

3. Will a physics textbook written by an 18-year-old be credible?

Credibility of a textbook is determined by the accuracy and validity of the information presented, not the age of the author. If the 18-year-old has thoroughly researched and fact-checked their textbook, it can be just as credible as a textbook written by an older individual.

4. How can an 18-year-old have enough knowledge to write a physics textbook?

Many 18-year-olds have a strong passion for physics and have been studying the subject for years. They may have also taken advanced courses in high school or have participated in research projects outside of school. Additionally, writing a textbook requires extensive research and collaboration with experts in the field.

5. Will people be interested in buying a physics textbook written by an 18-year-old?

The interest in a textbook is determined by the quality of the content, not the age of the author. If the textbook is well-written and provides accurate and valuable information, people will be interested in buying it regardless of the author's age.