Why Were Posts Closed? Censorship?

• Thread starter Louis Cypher
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the moving and closing of two posts and raises questions about censorship. The moderators are explained to have the authority to delete or move posts, and guidelines are enforced to maintain consistency. The individual asking the questions expresses understanding and has no issue with the actions taken.
Louis Cypher
Don't get all tetchy or anything but I see two posts have been moved and closed, why exactly, they seemed to be perfectly inoffensive, is this an example of censorship? Considered answers would be appreciated, let me reiterate though I'm not trying to offend anyone I'm just curious :confused:

Physics news on Phys.org
Louis Cypher said:
Don't get all tetchy or anything but I see two posts have been moved and closed, why exactly, they seemed to be perfectly inoffensive, is this an example of censorship? Considered answers would be appreciated, let me reiterate though I'm not trying to offend anyone I'm just curious :confused:

1.Which posts are u talking about?? :confused:
2.Who said anything about "censorship" being wrong? :confused:
3.Moderators are free to delete any post,not just the "too acid" ones.They ca do whatever they want.What's wrong with that...? :eek: Nobody is forcing you to write on PF.

Daniel.

Louis Cypher said:
Things that are off topic (like this) or just noise with no substance will be moved or deleted to keep threads on track. I'll move this to a more appropriate forum.

louis, we have had to enforce more guidelines about posts because there have been members that push the line intentionally. there are always the members who may post off topic unintentionally, however we have to enforce the guidelines to remain consistent. each mentor does their forum their own way, some are more tolerant then others. i would suggest before posting in particular forums to read any "stickies" that are up and be aware of what is expected.

:smile: Thats fine, like I said just asking, I have no problem with that. :cool:

Related to Why Were Posts Closed? Censorship?

1. What is censorship and how does it relate to closed posts?

Censorship refers to the suppression or restriction of information deemed sensitive, harmful, or objectionable. In the context of closed posts, censorship may refer to the act of removing or disabling access to certain posts or content on a platform or online community.

2. Why were posts closed in the first place?

Posts may be closed for a variety of reasons, such as violation of community guidelines, containing inappropriate or offensive content, or being flagged by other users. Additionally, posts may also be closed for maintenance purposes or if the platform deems them to be spam.

3. Who decides which posts are closed and why?

The decision to close posts is typically made by the platform or online community's moderators or administrators. They are responsible for enforcing community guidelines and ensuring that the platform remains a safe and respectful space for all users.

4. Is censorship always a bad thing?

Censorship can be a controversial topic, as it can limit freedom of speech and expression. However, in some cases, censorship may be necessary to protect users and maintain a positive environment. It ultimately depends on the specific circumstances and context.

5. Can closed posts be reopened?

In some cases, closed posts may be reopened if the reason for closure is resolved or if the platform deems it appropriate. However, this decision ultimately lies with the moderators or administrators and is not guaranteed. Users can usually appeal a closed post by contacting the platform's support team.