Why is the Upload Button Not Working on My Computer?

• Thread starter davenn
  • Start date
In summary, there were issues with uploading a file on the browser Dave was using, but it started working again the next day. Greg suggested trying a different browser or checking for disabled addons and allowed javascript, while Dave jokingly blamed the issue on Greg. The conversation also included some friendly teasing towards Greg.
davenn
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2023 Award
just tried uploading a file ... doesn't work

click on upload button ... small window opens with browse or close
click on browse and nothing happens, so I just have to click on closeDave

Physics news on Phys.org
Chrome 47.0.2526.8 dev-m (64-bit) works fine.

dsddsdaad.jpg
testing

physicistsengineers.png

Did you try a different browser? Disabled addons? Javascript allowed?

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Thanks Greg and mfb

it's working again this morning :smile: never had that happen beforeDave

davenn said:
Thanks Greg and mfb

it's working again this morning :smile: never had that happen beforeDave
It's probably the PF gremlins. They come an go. They hide from Greg some of the time but show themselves some of the rest of us (us lucky few :frown:). Far fewer of them here than on most forums though, and of course it COULD be gremlins in your machine but I vote we blame it on Greg.

Likes davenn
phinds said:
Far fewer of them here than on most forums though, and of course it COULD be gremlins in your machine but I vote we blame it on Greg.

hahaha indeed
sounds totally feasible to me :wink: :biggrin:

@Greg Bernhardt, we only tease you because we luv you :smile:

Dave

Last edited:
Likes Greg Bernhardt

Related to Why is the Upload Button Not Working on My Computer?

1. Why won't my upload work?

There could be several reasons for this. First, check to make sure the file you are trying to upload is supported by the website or software. If it is, then check your internet connection to ensure it is stable. If the issue persists, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and then attempting to upload again.

2. Why is my upload taking so long?

The upload speed can depend on various factors such as the size of the file, the speed of your internet connection, and the server's processing speed. If the upload is taking an unusually long time, it could also be due to a technical issue on the website or software's end. Try refreshing the page and trying again, or contact the website or software's support team for further assistance.

3. I keep getting an error message when I try to upload. What should I do?

Error messages during uploads can be frustrating, but they usually provide helpful information about what went wrong. Check the error message to see if it gives any specific details or error codes. You can also try uploading a different file to see if the error persists. If it does, contact the website or software's support team for further assistance.

4. Can I upload multiple files at once?

This depends on the website or software's capabilities. Some may allow you to select and upload multiple files simultaneously, while others may only allow one file at a time. Check the upload instructions or contact the website or software's support team for more information.

5. My upload was successful, but I can't find the file. Where did it go?

After a successful upload, the file is usually saved in a designated folder or location. If you are unable to locate the file, try checking your downloads folder or searching for the file by its name. If you still cannot find it, contact the website or software's support team for assistance.