Why Does Zin Calculation Differ in Single Stub Matching?

• Thread starter baby_1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Network
This could be due to an error in calculation or a mistake in matching the stub to the line. Double check your calculations and make sure that the stub is properly matched to the line.
baby_1
Hello
As you see this problem with single stub matching
I matched zl=.5+1.5i to a normalized line (Z0=50)(I did it with smith chart and analytically) but as you see in the second picture as I calculate Zin it doesn't get me the same result (.5+1.5j).
2390138400_1435297056.jpg
what is my wrong?

Engineering news on Phys.org
baby_1 said:
Hello
As you see this problem with single stub matching
I matched zl=.5+1.5i to a normalized line (Z0=50)(I did it with smith chart and analytically) but as you see in the second picture as I calculate Zin it doesn't get me the same result (.5+1.5j).
2390138400_1435297056.jpg
what is my wrong?
In the first picture the load is 0.5 + j1.5 and in the second it is 0.5 - j1.5.

Related to Why Does Zin Calculation Differ in Single Stub Matching?

1. What is a Single Stub matching network?

A Single Stub matching network is a type of impedance matching network used in radio frequency (RF) systems. It consists of a single stub transmission line connected in parallel with the load, which is used to match the impedance of the load to the characteristic impedance of the transmission line.

2. How does a Single Stub matching network work?

A Single Stub matching network works by adding a reactive element (the stub) in parallel with the load, which creates a parallel resonant circuit. By adjusting the length and position of the stub, the impedance of the load can be matched to the characteristic impedance of the transmission line, resulting in maximum power transfer.

3. What are the advantages of using a Single Stub matching network?

One advantage of using a Single Stub matching network is that it can match a wide range of load impedances to the transmission line, making it a versatile option for impedance matching in RF systems. It also allows for fine-tuning of the matching, as the length and position of the stub can be easily adjusted.

4. What are the limitations of a Single Stub matching network?

A Single Stub matching network may not be suitable for high power applications, as the stub may not be able to handle the high currents. Additionally, it may not be as effective in matching extreme load impedances, such as very high or very low values.

5. How do I design a Single Stub matching network?

The design of a Single Stub matching network involves calculating the length and position of the stub based on the load impedance and the characteristic impedance of the transmission line. This can be done using equations or graphical methods such as the Smith chart. There are also online calculators and software programs available for designing Single Stub matching networks.