Why does my post count not increase?

• Thread starter imaplanck
  • Start date
In summary, the post count on the forum is determined by the quality of the post, as decided by a mentor. Posting about silly ideas or something stupid may result in no change or a decrease in post count. Posts in the General Discussion forum are not included in post counts. There may be an algorithm involved, but the mentors also play a role in evaluating posts.
imaplanck
^^^^^^^^^^

Physics news on Phys.org
As Cyrus, our forum authority, has noted before: "It depends on the quality of the post, as decided by a mentor."

So when you post about some silly idea that nobody agrees with, or cares about, then your post count will stay the same. Also, if you post something really stupid then your post count will decrease (of course it can't go below 0).

Posts in the General Discussion forum are not included in post counts.

OK thanks.

jtbell said:
Posts in the General Discussion forum are not included in post counts.

Boo! mattmns was on to something.

mattmns said:
As Cyrus, our forum authority, has noted before: "It depends on the quality of the post, as decided by a mentor."

So when you post about some silly idea that nobody agrees with, or cares about, then your post count will stay the same. Also, if you post something really stupid then your post count will decrease (of course it can't go below 0).

Wow, I didn't know the post count was so sophisticated...That's really interesting and cool. Is their some algorithm involved or do the mentors put in all that work to check all those posts?EDIT: I just realized JTBELL's post was probably the more correct answer the the OP...If this was a stupid question, please disregard...

Last edited:

Related to Why does my post count not increase?

1. Why is my post count not increasing?

There could be several reasons for this. One possibility is that your posts may not be meeting the minimum word count requirement. Another possibility is that your posts are being flagged as spam by the platform's algorithm. Additionally, if you are using multiple accounts to post, your post count may not increase as each user is only allowed to have one post count.

2. How can I increase my post count?

To increase your post count, make sure your posts meet the minimum word count requirement and that they are not being flagged as spam. You can also try to engage more with other users' posts and discussions, as some platforms may consider this towards your post count.

3. Do deleted posts affect my post count?

Yes, if you delete a post, it will affect your post count. This is because the post is no longer visible on the platform and therefore does not contribute to your overall post count.

4. Does the post count include comments?

This may vary depending on the platform, but in most cases, comments do not contribute to your post count. Only original posts made by the user are typically counted towards their post count.

5. How often is the post count updated?

The frequency of post count updates may vary depending on the platform. However, in most cases, the post count is updated in real-time, meaning it will reflect any changes to your post count immediately after you post or delete something. If you notice a delay in your post count updating, you may want to contact the platform's support team for further assistance.