Why Are the Results in My PDF Different from the Attached Paper?

In summary, the conversation is about discrepancies between the results in a paper and the results obtained by the speaker in a PDF file. They discuss the possibility of using an infinite series to expand exponential terms and how it may affect the results. The speaker asks for clarification on the difference between their results and the results in the paper.
TheDestroyer
Hi Guyz,

Why the results in the paper I've attached aren't like the results I got in my pdf?

Please look at the paper in the last line, the second term doesn't correspond to what I calculated, What i calculated is in the pdf file, is it wrong?

Why in my work there is exponential terms while it's not in the paper?

Thank you for reading

Attachments

• p0009.jpg
    p0009.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 556
  • ns.pdf
    137.2 KB · Views: 259
Physics news on Phys.org
Expand the exponential in terms of an infinite series, and ignore higher order terms, e.g. 1/T2 and higher, which one can do with reasonable accuracy for small arguments.

What you said might be correct if the terms are added, but they are subtracted, that means this will happen

e^x=1+x+0.5 x^2
e^-x=1-x+0.5 x^2

(e^x)-(e^-x)=(1+x+0.5 x^2)-(1-x+0.5 x^2)=((((2x))))

That means a linear term value will remain and must be multiplied in the term, Right? and this doesn't agree with the paper :(

Thank you anyway,

Any other ideas?

I believe if one uses the fact that ei = -ee = e, then the second term is multiplied by -1, and

e (e^x) - -e (e^-x) = e (1 + x + . . . ) + e (1 - x + . . .) = 2e (x), where

x = -e ([tex]\delta\phi[/tex]) / T

and the expression becomes

-2 e2 ([tex]\delta\phi[/tex]) / T

as in the paper or text.

Mr. Astronuc, Can you please check what I've written in the PDF?

if we did as you said then there will be more items multplied in the term, can you tell me what's the problem in the PDF? why it's not like the paper if we expanded the exponential terms in series?

Thank you

Related to Why Are the Results in My PDF Different from the Attached Paper?

What is plasma?

Plasma is the fourth state of matter, in which a gas is heated to extremely high temperatures, causing the atoms to lose some or all of their electrons. This results in a mixture of positively charged ions and negatively charged electrons, creating a highly conductive and reactive substance.

What is Debye shielding?

Debye shielding is a phenomenon that occurs in plasmas, in which the electric field of a charged particle is shielded by the surrounding charged particles. This results in a decrease in the electric field strength, allowing charged particles to exist in a plasma without being affected by the electric field of other particles.

How does Debye shielding affect plasma behavior?

Debye shielding plays a crucial role in the behavior of plasmas. It allows plasmas to remain stable, as the electric field is effectively neutralized by the surrounding charged particles. This shielding also influences the transport of charged particles within the plasma, as well as the formation and expansion of plasma structures.

What factors affect the strength of Debye shielding?

The strength of Debye shielding is influenced by several factors, including the temperature and density of the plasma, the charge and size of the particles within the plasma, and the presence of external magnetic fields. Additionally, the Debye length, which is a measure of how far the electric field can extend before being neutralized, also affects the strength of Debye shielding.

How is Debye shielding used in plasma applications?

Debye shielding has numerous practical applications in plasma technology. It is essential for controlling and confining plasmas in fusion energy research, as well as in plasma-based propulsion systems for spacecraft. Debye shielding is also utilized in plasma processing techniques for materials and surface treatments, as well as in plasma-based medical treatments such as cancer therapy.