Why Am I the Only Girl in My Electro Engineering Class?

In summary, the conversation discusses a physics problem involving a block A on an incline and the forces acting on it, including gravity, friction, and an external force F. The question is how much force F needs to be to prevent block B from moving. The answer is given in terms of the angle of the incline and the friction between A and B. The conversation ends with a question about which components of force F are affecting friction and pushing A up the incline.
Tesla11
Only girl on electro engineering :(

Hello! This is my first post but not the last! :D
I'm a student at norwegian universety and I really have difficulty with phisics

Here's my question (look at attacment)

How big force F has to be so that B doestn't change position (doesn't flys over and doesn't fells down)?

Answer is this:

Mg(tanø*y) Mg(tanø+ y)
------------ < F< -----------
1+y*tanø 1-y*tanø

ø=angle
y=friction ( between A and B)

I'm not very proud to say that I used 10 hours in the row on this, so any help will be very appreciated!

Attachments

• 174 oppgave.jpg
    174 oppgave.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 395
Physics news on Phys.org

Welcome to PF.

Consider then the forces acting on the block A, with mass call it m, along the plane of the incline.
Gravity wants it to slide down at m*g*sinθ
Friction wants to hold it at μ*m*g*cosθ

Now what about your force F ?

How much is it accelerating the system of A and B?

Then what components of that force are increasing friction? and what component is wanting to push it up the incline?

Hi! I am a newcomer too... So welcome:P
Where is the Force apllied? To the A body? To the B? To none of these?

Related to Why Am I the Only Girl in My Electro Engineering Class?

1. What is electro engineering?

Electro engineering, also known as electrical engineering, is a branch of engineering that deals with the study and application of electricity, electromagnetism, and electronics. It involves designing, developing, and maintaining electrical systems, components, and devices.

2. What is the role of the only female in electro engineering?

The role of the only female in electro engineering is no different than that of any other engineer in the field. They are responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining electrical systems and devices. The only difference is that they may face unique challenges as a minority in a male-dominated industry.

3. Is it difficult for a woman to succeed in electro engineering?

While there may be challenges for women in any field, success in electro engineering is not determined by gender. It ultimately depends on an individual's skills, knowledge, and dedication to their work. With hard work and determination, anyone can succeed in this field.

4. Are there any benefits to having a female in electro engineering?

Having diversity in any field, including electro engineering, can bring a range of benefits. Women may offer unique perspectives and ideas, contribute to a more inclusive work environment, and help bridge the gender gap in the industry. Additionally, studies have shown that diverse teams lead to better problem-solving and innovation.

5. How can we encourage more women to pursue a career in electro engineering?

There are several ways to encourage more women to pursue a career in electro engineering. This includes promoting STEM education for girls from a young age, providing mentorship and support for women in the field, and creating a more inclusive and welcoming environment in the workplace. It is also important to challenge gender stereotypes and showcase successful female engineers to inspire future generations.