Why am I receiving spam from PF after renewing my activity on the forums?

• Thread starter Bystander
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about notifications and email alerts on a forum. The person is experiencing issues with receiving alerts and emails, even though they have turned everything off. They ask if this is a form of punishment for being active on the forum. The other person suggests checking their notification preferences and hopes that the issue will be resolved. They also welcome the person back to the forum and apologize for the problems they have been experiencing.
Bystander
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I've got EVERYTHING turned off and keep getting notifications --- is this some sort of punishment for renewing activity on the forums.?

Physics news on Phys.org
Replies. Haven't been in any conversations. Your reply to this didn't trigger e-mail --- didn't even trigger "alert."

Bystander said:
Replies. Haven't been in any conversations. Your reply to this didn't trigger e-mail --- didn't even trigger "alert."
I'm going to reply to a thread you've participated in. Let me know if you get an email.

No e-mails, great! No alerts, not so great.

Bystander said:
No e-mails, great! No alerts, not so great.
That can be configured here
https://www.physicsforums.com/account/alert-preferences

Fingers crossed. I thank you for your patience.

Hey bystander! Glad to see you back, sorry about the problems.

Evo said:
Hey bystander! Glad to see you back, sorry about the problems.

Alert, yes. E-mail, no. Fantastic!

In principle, I've got time to spend on PF now --- Murphy no doubt has surprises in store for me.

Related to Why am I receiving spam from PF after renewing my activity on the forums?

1. Why am I receiving so many emails from PF?

PF may be sending you emails as part of a marketing campaign or to provide you with updates on their products and services.

2. How did PF get my email address?

It is possible that you provided your email address to PF through a form or survey, or they may have obtained it through a third-party source.

3. Can I unsubscribe from PF's emails?

Yes, most email marketing campaigns have an unsubscribe option at the bottom of the email. You can also contact PF directly to request to be removed from their email list.

4. Is PF's email considered spam?

If you did not give your consent to receive emails from PF, their emails could be considered spam. However, if you have previously interacted with PF or provided your email address to them, their emails would not be considered spam.

5. How can I stop PF's emails from going to my spam folder?

You can add PF's email address to your contacts or mark their emails as "not spam" to prevent them from going to your spam folder in the future. You can also adjust your spam filter settings to allow emails from PF.