Who was the infamous and controversial Congressman James Traficant?

• News
  • Thread starter nsaspook
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Speaker
In summary, "Beam me up, Mr. Speaker." is a fictional technology based on the concept of teleportation. It works by converting matter into energy and transmitting it to a different location, where it is reassembled. However, it is currently not possible in real life and has potential risks such as errors and ethical concerns. It is also not capable of time travel and has limitations in terms of distance and accuracy, as well as the inability to transport living organisms.
nsaspook
Science Advisor
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...es-traficant-dies-days-after-accident-on-farm

Former Rep. James Traficant, the Ohio politician whose career included 17 years in Congress and a conviction for bribery, has died at age 73. Traficant's family had been fearing for his life since earlier this week, when he was critically injured in a tractor accident.

yes, the guy was a crook but he was a funny crook.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
If I had stayed in my home town, he would have been my Congressman. oo)

Likes JasonRoberts
jtbell said:
If I had stayed in my home town, he would have been my Congressman
:))) Now seriously, imagine what a life!

Related to Who was the infamous and controversial Congressman James Traficant?

1. How does the "Beam me up, Mr. Speaker." technology work?

The technology used in "Beam me up, Mr. Speaker." is based on the concept of teleportation, where matter is converted into energy and transmitted to a different location. In this case, the person's physical body is scanned and disintegrated into energy, which is then transmitted to a receiving station where it is reassembled using the same technology.

2. Is "Beam me up, Mr. Speaker." possible in real life?

Currently, the technology used in "Beam me up, Mr. Speaker." is purely fictional and does not exist in real life. While there have been advancements in teleportation technology, it is still limited to small particles and has not been successfully applied to human beings.

3. What are the potential risks and dangers of using "Beam me up, Mr. Speaker."?

One of the main risks of using "Beam me up, Mr. Speaker." is the possibility of errors during the transmission and reassembly process. This could result in physical deformities or even death. There are also ethical concerns about the technology, such as the potential misuse for criminal activities.

4. Can "Beam me up, Mr. Speaker." be used for time travel?

No, "Beam me up, Mr. Speaker." is not capable of time travel. The technology only allows for the transportation of matter from one location to another. Time travel would require the manipulation of the space-time continuum, which is currently not possible.

5. What are the limitations of "Beam me up, Mr. Speaker."?

Aside from the current technological limitations, "Beam me up, Mr. Speaker." also has limitations in terms of distance and accuracy. The technology is only effective for short distances and requires precise coordinates for the receiving station. It is also unable to transport living organisms, as the disintegration process would result in death.