Who is carrying the most weight?

• Thread starter aud11888
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Weight
In summary, two delivery men are carrying a crate up a flight of stairs with an angle of 45 degrees. The crate has a mass of 200kg and is loaded evenly. Each worker can only exert a force straight up with their hands on the box. Using a free body diagram, the weight of the crate acts at its center and points straight down while the force of the workers is shown as vertical arrows at each end of the crate. The worker on the high stair is carrying the most weight as their force is at a steeper angle.
aud11888
Two delivery men carry a crate up a flight of stairs that have an angle of 45 degrees. You may assume the crate is loaded evenly and has a mass of 200kg. Assuming the workers can only exert a force strait up with their hands on the boz, calculate the load that each worker is supporting. Who is carrying the most weight?

ok.. so for my free body diagram, i have the dot at the center of gravity of the box, which would be the geometric center because it's loaded evenly. i have the force of the W in Newtons going strait down and the force of the guy on the high stair going from the dot on an angle to the upper right.. How would i draw the force of the guy on the lower step on my free body diagram?

Physics news on Phys.org
aud11888 said:
ok.. so for my free body diagram, i have the dot at the center of gravity of the box, which would be the geometric center because it's loaded evenly. i have the force of the W in Newtons going strait down
Good. The weight of the crate acts at its center and points straight down.
and the force of the guy on the high stair going from the dot on an angle to the upper right..
The problem tells you that both men exert their forces straight up at each end of the crate, not at an angle. So your free body diagram should show a vertical arrow at each end representing these forces.

yea, i realized that.. i got the answer now, but thank you for the help.

Related to Who is carrying the most weight?

1. What is the definition of carrying the most weight?

The phrase "carrying the most weight" typically refers to someone or something that is bearing the most responsibility or burden in a given situation.

2. Who is responsible for determining who is carrying the most weight?

The determination of who is carrying the most weight can vary depending on the context. In a group or team setting, it may be decided by a leader or by consensus among the members. In a scientific study, it may be determined through data analysis or statistical measures.

3. How is carrying the most weight measured?

The measurement of who is carrying the most weight can also vary depending on the situation. In physical terms, it may be measured by the amount of weight one can physically lift or carry. In a work or academic setting, it may be measured by the level of responsibility or workload assigned to an individual. In a social or emotional context, it may be measured by the amount of support or help one provides to others.

4. Can carrying the most weight have negative effects on a person?

Yes, carrying the most weight can have negative effects on a person, both physically and mentally. Physically, it can lead to strain and injury if the weight is too heavy. Mentally, it can cause stress, burnout, and feelings of being overwhelmed. It is important for individuals to find a balance and not take on more weight than they can handle.

5. How can one support someone who is carrying the most weight?

There are many ways to support someone who is carrying the most weight. This can include offering to help with tasks, providing emotional support, listening and offering advice, and acknowledging and appreciating their efforts. It is important to also communicate and check in with the person to ensure they are not overwhelmed and have the necessary support to continue carrying the weight.