Who are the Mentors for Geometric Numerical Integration and the N-Body Problem?

• Thread starter jleon008
  • Start date
In summary, the mentors for Geometric Numerical Integration and the N-Body Problem are experts in mathematics, physics, and computer science with advanced degrees and strong backgrounds in numerical methods and computational techniques. They can be found by reaching out to academic institutions, research organizations, or professional networks, and can provide guidance and support in understanding the fundamental concepts and theories, as well as practical applications and assistance with research and projects.
jleon008
New here. Been working on a research project involving geometric numerical integrators and the n-body problem. Trying to understand the math and physics a bit more. Have been primarily going through the textbook "Geometric Numerical Integration Structure-Preserving Algorithms for Ordinary Differential Equations" by Hairer, Ernst, Lubich, Christian, Wanner, Gerhard. Trying to go through most of the problems in the textbook, as well as understand the theorems and examples provided, so that's what most of my questions will be concerning. I guess maybe I should post under homework help even though this is not really for a class.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. Glad to have you.

jleon008 said:
I guess maybe I should post under homework help even though this is not really for a class.
You should get good help in the schoolwork section. We also allow advanced schoolwork questions to be posted in the technical forums when appropriate, and when you show lots of your own work on the problem. When in doubt, send a message to a Mentor to show what you want to post, and ask which would be the best choice for a forum to post in.

Are you already familiar with LaTeX? If not there is a tutorial under INFO, Help at the top of the page. Enjoy the PF! :smile:

Welcome. We have plenty of very good Math, Physics people and we can learn from each other.

berkeman said:
You should get good help in the schoolwork section. We also allow advanced schoolwork questions to be posted in the technical forums when appropriate, and when you show lots of your own work on the problem. When in doubt, send a message to a Mentor to show what you want to post, and ask which would be the best choice for a forum to post in.

Are you already familiar with LaTeX? If not there is a tutorial under INFO, Help at the top of the page. Enjoy the PF! :smile:
Thank you. Yes I am familiar with LaTex although I am currently having a problem with one of my pdf documents I created over a decade ago where the images (ps format) are no longer visible. So maybe I’ll head over there to inquire about how to get that fixed.

berkeman said:
When in doubt, send a message to a Mentor to show what you want to post, and ask which would be the best choice for a forum to post in.

Who are the Mentors?

jleon008 said:
Who are the Mentors?
Look to the right hand side of the screen where it says " Members Online" , and look in the upper part where it says " Staff online" . These are the mentors.

Likes jleon008 and berkeman
jleon008 said:
Who are the Mentors?
And you can also click INFO at the top of the page, then Members, and on that page, you will see the listing of the Staff. Click "See More" to see the whole list of Mentors. :smile:

Likes jleon008

Related to Who are the Mentors for Geometric Numerical Integration and the N-Body Problem?

1. Who are the mentors for Geometric Numerical Integration and the N-Body Problem?

The mentors for Geometric Numerical Integration and the N-Body Problem are usually experts in the fields of mathematics, physics, and computer science. They may be professors, researchers, or professionals with extensive knowledge and experience in these areas.

2. What qualifications do the mentors have?

The mentors for Geometric Numerical Integration and the N-Body Problem typically have advanced degrees in mathematics, physics, or computer science. They also have a strong background in numerical methods and computational techniques.

3. How can I find a mentor for Geometric Numerical Integration and the N-Body Problem?

You can find a mentor for Geometric Numerical Integration and the N-Body Problem by reaching out to academic institutions, research organizations, or professional networks in the fields of mathematics, physics, and computer science. You can also attend conferences and workshops related to these topics to network and connect with potential mentors.

4. What can a mentor help me with in regards to Geometric Numerical Integration and the N-Body Problem?

A mentor can provide guidance and support in understanding the fundamental concepts and theories behind Geometric Numerical Integration and the N-Body Problem. They can also assist with practical applications, such as implementing numerical methods and solving complex problems using computational techniques.

5. Can a mentor help me with my research or projects related to Geometric Numerical Integration and the N-Body Problem?

Yes, a mentor can provide valuable insights and feedback on your research or projects related to Geometric Numerical Integration and the N-Body Problem. They can also offer suggestions for improvement and help you troubleshoot any issues you may encounter.