Which Windows program can help me manage multiple email accounts?

In summary: If you need to check an email on multiple devices, it might be a better option than Thunderbird.In summary, Thunderbird is a good program for Windows that allows you to keep track of your email accounts in one place.
Drakkith
Mentor
Hey all. I've recently accumulated upwards of 5 or 6 different email accounts that I need to check and I'm having a hard time keeping track of it all. I'm looking for a good program for windows that I can use to keep track of all my accounts instead of having to open and log into each one separately. Any suggestions?

Computer science news on Phys.org
https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/thunderbird/features/

Thunderbird allows you to configure your inbox(s) to suit your needs . All accounts into one inbox or you can have several inboxes each with particular sub sets of your accounts .

Lots of other good features as well .

Likes Drakkith
You could also just use Gmail and then auto label them depending on where they are being forwarded from.

Thanks guys. I'll look into Thunderbird and see how I like it.

Greg Bernhardt said:
You could also just use Gmail and then auto label them depending on where they are being forwarded from.

If I don't like thunderbird I'll try to look into how to do this. If you have your emails forwarded from an account, do you "control" that account? In other words, if I receive a forwarded e-mail and delete it, is that email deleted from the original account as well?

Drakkith said:
I receive a forwarded e-mail and delete it, is that email deleted from the original account as well?
I don't think by default, but I bet it is an option. Pretty common situation.

Thanks Greg!

Thunderbird is best. You can configure multi email with the same program.

I used Thunderbird for over a year, it has a nice addon called Enigmail to encrypt emails in case you care.
However I removed it because it wouldn't check for emails every 10 minutes as I had set. Instead, I lost over 8 hours waiting for an email to appear in my inbox. Turns out it was sent 8 hours ago and was urgent (my advisor wanting me to do some stuff). Happened twice, so it was a deal breaker for me.
Do other people report a similar problem?

I'll keep an eye out and see if I have a problem, fluidistic.

I use Thunderbird. I have never had it fail to retrieve on schedule. Furthermore, you can always use the "Get Messages" button.

The Window's 10 Mail app syncs numerous email accounts to multiple devices pretty quickly.

Related to Which Windows program can help me manage multiple email accounts?

1. What are the most important features to consider when choosing an email program?

The most important features to consider when choosing an email program are security, user-friendly interface, storage capacity, message filtering, and compatibility with other devices. It is crucial to choose a program that can keep your emails and personal information secure, has an easy-to-use interface, and allows for efficient organization and management of emails.

2. Is it better to use a paid email program or a free one?

It ultimately depends on your needs and preferences. Some paid email programs offer more advanced features and better security, while free programs may have limited storage and advertisements. Consider your budget and the level of security and features you require before making a decision.

3. How much storage space do I need for my emails?

The amount of storage space you need depends on the volume and size of your emails. If you regularly receive large attachments or have a high volume of emails, you may need a program with larger storage capacity. Most email programs offer a range of storage options, so choose one that fits your needs.

4. Can I access my emails from multiple devices with any email program?

Not all email programs allow for cross-device access, so it is important to check for compatibility before choosing a program. Some programs may only be compatible with certain devices or require additional setup for access on multiple devices.

5. How important is customer support when choosing an email program?

Customer support can be crucial, especially if you encounter technical issues or have questions about the program. Look for programs that offer reliable and responsive customer support through various channels, such as email, phone, or live chat.