Which pages are Cal 1 only in the Humongous book of Calculus

In summary, the Humongous Book contains sections and pages for both Cal 1 and Cal 2. For Cal 1, it is recommended to focus on chapters 5, 9-15, and 17-18, while for Cal 2, chapters 23-28 are more relevant. Some additional chapters can be skipped if necessary, such as 16, 20, 21, and 22. It is also suggested to review the first few chapters if needed. These suggestions were provided by RUber and will be helpful for studying for the online course in Cal 1.
Bactoschool
Important:
Would you please tell me which pages or sections in the Humongous Book are Cal 1 ( which I need for my online pre-req course in Cal 1) and/or which pages or sections Relate to Cal 2 (which I can skip)?
Thank you :)

Not important:
I am taking an online course in Cal 1 but have to write for credit exam before Nov in order to apply to University for winter semester. The book is much easier to understand than the online course, but since it is not under the same headings as the course I don't know which problems in th HB of Cal are Cal 1 vs which are Cal 2 and I want to study Cal 1 only as I have only 3 weeks to learn it all!

Physics news on Phys.org
Not having the book, but browsing the table of contents, it really seems like most of the book is focused on Calc 1 problems.
I would say Chapters 23-28 are more Calc 2 concepts.
If you need to pare it down more, I would say skip Ch. 16, 20, 21, and 22.
If your algebra and trig skills are solid, you can probably cut out most of the first few chapters too, but they will likely be a good review.
Chapters 5, 9 -15, and 17-18 look like what I would expect to see on an exam.

Likes Bactoschool
Thank you RUber! I feel incredibly relieved to be able to narrow it down as I begin. I've always loved Math but it has been a long time and the time seems so short before I have to write the exam. Have a super day, I will be working through your suggested chapters !

Related to Which pages are Cal 1 only in the Humongous book of Calculus

1. What is the Humongous book of Calculus?

The Humongous book of Calculus is a comprehensive textbook that covers all topics in Calculus, including both single and multivariable calculus.

2. What does "Cal 1 only" mean?

"Cal 1 only" refers to the first semester of Calculus, also known as Calculus 1. This typically covers topics such as limits, derivatives, and integrals.

3. Why are some pages marked as "Cal 1 only" in the Humongous book of Calculus?

Some pages in the Humongous book of Calculus may be marked as "Cal 1 only" because they contain material that is specifically relevant to the first semester of Calculus. This could include introductory concepts or foundational topics.

4. Are the "Cal 1 only" pages the only pages I need to study for my Calculus 1 course?

No, the "Cal 1 only" pages in the Humongous book of Calculus may not cover all the material needed for a Calculus 1 course. It is important to consult with your instructor or refer to your course syllabus for a complete list of topics to study.

5. Can I skip the "Cal 1 only" pages if I am taking a higher level Calculus course?

If you are taking a higher level Calculus course, it is not recommended to skip the "Cal 1 only" pages in the Humongous book of Calculus. These pages may contain important foundational concepts that are necessary for understanding more complex topics in Calculus.