Which book is this very problem from?

• Thread starter kayzzz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary, the conversation revolves around a problem from a network theorem book that the person is struggling to solve. They request for help and are advised to use Thevnin and Norton theorems to simplify the problem. The use of source transformation is also suggested. The person is encouraged to read the links provided and attempt the problem themselves before seeking further help.
Engineering news on Phys.org
This is such a typical problem from a network theorem book! What so special? It's not even hard! You see this kind of problem when you study Thev., Norton, super position, nodal analysis etc.

Oh man it confuses me a lot i tried a lot to solve it... I have no idea how to do it.. >.< Do you mind giving me a hand?

Thanks

I am so clueless to how to do this.. Is there anyway someone can help explain? thanks

I was wrong on the right side, you need to use Source Transformation instead of Norton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_transformation

You have to at least try. For example on the right side, you need to read Thevnin Theorem and find the [itex] R_{th} \;,\; V_{th}[/itex].

Ignor the 6ΩW at the bottom and look at the left side, if you want to find the Rth, short out the 10V and find the resistance. It would be 10Ω//5Ω+3Ω≈6.333Ω.

If you want to find Vth, read the voltage from a to the junction of the 5Ω and 6Ω. I'll let you tell me the voltage.

Read the link I gave you and work on it then come back.

Related to Which book is this very problem from?

1. What is the title of the book that this problem is from?

The title of the book can usually be found on the cover or title page of the book. It may also be listed in the table of contents or on the copyright page.

2. Where can I find the information about the book for this problem?

The information about the book, such as the author, publisher, and publication date, can usually be found on the copyright page or in the introduction/foreword of the book.

3. Is there a specific edition or version of the book that this problem is from?

Some books may have multiple editions or versions, so it is important to specify which one the problem is from. This information can usually be found on the title page or copyright page of the book.

4. Can I access this book online or is it only available in print?

Some books may be available online through websites or databases, while others may only be available in print. Check with your library or do an online search to see if the book is available in a digital format.

5. Are there any other sources or references related to this problem in the book?

Sometimes, a problem in a book may also reference other sources or references that may be helpful in understanding the problem. These can usually be found in the footnotes or bibliography section of the book.