Where can I get the work "De Mundo" by William Gilbert?

In summary, "De Mundo" by William Gilbert can be found in physical form at university libraries, public libraries, and specialized bookstores. It is also available for purchase online and as an e-book. The book can also be accessed for free online through websites such as Project Gutenberg and Google Books. There are several translations of the book available in English, French, and German. Despite being written in the 16th century, the book is still considered relevant to modern science, particularly in the study of magnetism and the Earth's magnetic field.
CollinsArg
it's an old book of science, where can I find all those old science work to study science through its history?

Physics news on Phys.org
Library genesis website..

or some of the free ebook links here: https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-best-sites-where-I-can-download-eBooks

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes CollinsArg

Related to Where can I get the work "De Mundo" by William Gilbert?

1. Where can I find a physical copy of "De Mundo" by William Gilbert?

You can find a physical copy of "De Mundo" by William Gilbert at most university libraries, as well as some public libraries and specialized bookstores.

2. Is "De Mundo" by William Gilbert available for purchase online?

Yes, "De Mundo" by William Gilbert is available for purchase online through various retailers such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble. It is also available as an e-book.

3. Can I access "De Mundo" by William Gilbert online for free?

Yes, "De Mundo" by William Gilbert is available for free online through websites such as Project Gutenberg and Google Books. However, keep in mind that the accuracy and completeness of these online versions may vary.

4. Are there any translations of "De Mundo" by William Gilbert available?

Yes, there are several translations of "De Mundo" by William Gilbert available, including English, French, and German versions. These can also be found in various libraries and online.

5. Is "De Mundo" by William Gilbert still relevant to modern science?

While "De Mundo" by William Gilbert was written in the 16th century, it is still considered relevant to modern science. Many of Gilbert's ideas and theories on magnetism and the Earth's magnetic field are still studied and used today.