Where Can I Find Additional Calculus Practice Problems?

• Thread starter khalkash
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Calculus
In summary, the conversation suggests that the individual is looking for extra practice in calculus and is seeking recommendations for additional resources. Some suggestions include obtaining another calculus textbook, such as Larson 8th edition, or exploring classic calculus books by authors such as Courant & Robbins or Hardy. Other options include looking into the MIT OCW calculus courses or purchasing a problem-solving book such as Schaum's outline or Demidovich's text.
khalkash
My calculus AP class uses Larson 8th edition. I am going over the book and would like additional practice in some of the topics. Is there any supplemental online site or free book, or any book in general that I can get a ton of challenging legit problems?

Physics news on Phys.org
you could go to the library & get another book & solve all of its problems. & then another & another. edwards & penney, and stewart are other standard texts. courant & robbins, hardy, and thomas all wrote classic calculus books that have good (and HARD!) problems. or get a copy of gradshteyn & ryzhik & derive all the formulas yourself. schaum's has an outline book on calculus & also 3000 solved problems in calculus, both of which are fairly cheap, easy to find and worth keeping. there's an old soviet book by demidovich that's good too but might be hard to find.

Last edited:
Yes, look at MIT's OCW calculus courses, they have a moderate number of supplementary problems included. For more, get one of those mammoth problem books.

Related to Where Can I Find Additional Calculus Practice Problems?

1. What is the purpose of solving additional calculus problems?

Solving additional calculus problems helps to reinforce understanding of the fundamental concepts and techniques of calculus. It also helps to improve problem-solving skills and prepare for more advanced topics in calculus.

2. How can I improve my performance in solving additional calculus problems?

Practicing regularly and seeking help from a tutor or teacher when needed can greatly improve performance in solving additional calculus problems. It is also important to review and understand the underlying concepts and techniques.

3. What are some common mistakes to avoid when solving additional calculus problems?

Some common mistakes to avoid when solving additional calculus problems include not fully understanding the problem, using incorrect formulas or techniques, and making careless errors in calculations. It is important to read the problem carefully and double-check all steps and calculations.

4. Are there any resources available to practice additional calculus problems?

Yes, there are many online resources, textbooks, and practice problem books available to help with practicing additional calculus problems. Many universities also offer tutoring services or have math centers where students can seek additional help.

5. How can solving additional calculus problems be applied in real life?

Calculus is used in a wide range of fields, including engineering, physics, economics, and statistics. Solving additional calculus problems can help to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills that can be applied in various real-life situations, such as analyzing data, optimizing processes, and making predictions.