Where Can I Find Accurate Vibrational Energy Levels of Ammonia?

In summary, ammonia spectroscopic data is obtained through spectroscopy and specifically refers to data obtained from studying the interaction of light with ammonia molecules. It is collected using a spectrometer, which measures the intensity of light at different wavelengths. This data can provide information about the composition, structure, and concentration of ammonia, as well as the physical conditions under which it is present. It has various practical applications in fields such as chemistry and environmental science, but there are limitations to its use such as difficulty in accurately measuring very low or high concentrations and potential variations in results based on the spectrometer and data collection conditions.
intervoxel
Where can I find updated data about the vibrational energy levels of ammonia?
The papers I have are too old: 1935, etc.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
You mean energy levels changed since then?

yes, in subsequent papers the precision of the measurements improve. I'm particularly interested in values with the respective standard deviations.

Related to Where Can I Find Accurate Vibrational Energy Levels of Ammonia?

1. What is ammonia spectroscopic data?

Ammonia spectroscopic data is a type of data obtained through spectroscopy, which is a scientific technique used to analyze the composition and structure of a substance based on its interaction with light. Specifically, ammonia spectroscopic data refers to the data obtained from studying the absorption, emission, or scattering of light by ammonia molecules.

2. How is ammonia spectroscopic data collected?

Ammonia spectroscopic data is typically collected using a spectrometer, which is an instrument that measures the intensity of light at different wavelengths. The sample containing ammonia is exposed to a beam of light, and the spectrometer measures how much light is absorbed, emitted, or scattered by the ammonia molecules at different wavelengths.

3. What can ammonia spectroscopic data tell us about ammonia?

Ammonia spectroscopic data can provide information about the chemical composition, structure, and concentration of ammonia molecules. It can also reveal the presence of other substances in a sample, as well as the physical conditions (such as temperature and pressure) under which the ammonia is present.

4. What are the practical applications of ammonia spectroscopic data?

Ammonia spectroscopic data is used in various fields such as chemistry, biology, and environmental science. It can be used to identify and quantify ammonia in different samples, monitor chemical reactions involving ammonia, and study the behavior of ammonia in different environments. It is also used in industrial processes, such as the production of fertilizers and cleaning products.

5. Are there any limitations to using ammonia spectroscopic data?

Like any scientific technique, there are limitations to using ammonia spectroscopic data. For example, it may not be possible to accurately measure the concentration of ammonia in a sample if it is present in very low or very high amounts. Additionally, the type of spectrometer used and the conditions under which the data is collected can affect the accuracy and precision of the results.