When Did I Join PFS? Learning & Warnings Since Then

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around the length of time the speakers had been members of the site and the date of the first database wipe. The oldest member, who joined before the wipe in 2003, was looking for their birthday on the site. The conversation also mentioned the registration dates of some of the earliest members.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I have been on this marvelous site for so long i can not remember when i first joined, i have learned so much in my time here, okay i have had the odd warning ( which i deserved) so what. any way i want to know my PFs birthday
and give my very best to Greg and crew.:biggrin:

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
Click on "My PF" -> "Your profile page".

April 4, 2003
At least that's what the database says.

Likes wolram
I'm a newbie. Sep 2004.:frown:

Likes Greg Bernhardt
mfb said:

April 4, 2003

Hmph, it's a long time to my birthday:mad:

mfb said:

April 4, 2003

Isn't that the date of the database wipe, Greg?

Likes Greg Bernhardt
DaveC426913 said:
I'm a newbie. Sep 2004.:frown:
More than 3 times the time I have been registered here (also still true if I compare it with jtbell or all other users here).

Greg's registration date is March 5, 2003, @ahrkron (userid 2) has March 6, @Sting March 6 as well. Userid 200 registered Mar 19. Looks like the registrations happened in chronological order after March 5.

Greg Bernhardt said:
You're first generation PFer! You were a member prior to the 2003 wipe right?

I remember it well, as i do the updates that made PFs even better.

Likes dlgoff

Related to When Did I Join PFS? Learning & Warnings Since Then

1. When did I join PFS?

The exact date of your membership in PFS will depend on when you actually signed up and completed the membership process. You can check your account information or contact PFS customer support to find out the exact date.

2. What are the benefits of joining PFS?

There are many benefits to joining PFS, including access to exclusive research and data, networking opportunities, professional development resources, and discounts on conferences and events. PFS also offers a platform to share and discuss scientific findings with a community of like-minded individuals.

3. What types of learning opportunities are available through PFS?

PFS offers a variety of learning opportunities, including webinars, workshops, and conferences. These cover a wide range of topics in the fields of science, technology, and innovation. PFS also provides access to online resources such as publications, articles, and videos.

4. Have there been any significant warnings or updates since I joined PFS?

PFS regularly updates its members on any significant warnings or updates in the scientific community. These may include new research findings, policy changes, or emerging trends. You can stay informed by checking your PFS account or subscribing to PFS newsletters.

5. Can I still join PFS even if I am not a scientist?

Yes, PFS welcomes individuals from all backgrounds who have an interest in science and technology. Whether you are a student, educator, or professional in a related field, you can still join PFS and benefit from its resources and community. PFS also offers membership options for organizations and institutions.