When are farenheit and kelvin numericaly equaly?

• Thread starter kevinlikesphysics
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Kelvin
In summary, the conversation is about finding the temperature at which the Fahrenheit and Kelvin scales are numerically equal. The participants discuss the relationship between the two scales and how to convert between them, using algebra to solve for the equal temperature. The conversation also includes a mention of previous attempts and the use of online resources for homework.
kevinlikesphysics
15. [SFHS99 10.P.13.] At what Fahrenheit temperature are the Kelvin and Fahrenheit temperatures numerically equal?

is that possible because kevlin will always be aroudn 200 greater anyway .. how do you do this

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you know the relation between Fahrenheit and Kelvin? That is, do you know how to convert one into the other?

there is a temp when they are equal. I had it on a test sometime ago, and thought i was getting the wrong answer. use algebra.

what is the equation
? i don't have a f - k forumla

Surely you know the relationship between F and C, what is the relationship between K and C?

i got 164 but it wasnt right i have my homework online and it tells me if i wrong right away

How did you get 164? Show us the algebra.

what equations did you use?

edit:
i lose.

Related to When are farenheit and kelvin numericaly equaly?

What is the numerical value of Fahrenheit and Kelvin being equal?

The numerical value of Fahrenheit and Kelvin being equal is -459.67.

How is the conversion from Fahrenheit to Kelvin determined?

The conversion from Fahrenheit to Kelvin is determined by adding 459.67 to the Fahrenheit temperature and then multiplying by 5/9.

Why are Fahrenheit and Kelvin equal at -459.67?

Fahrenheit and Kelvin are equal at -459.67 because -459.67 degrees Fahrenheit is the absolute zero temperature, which is also the 0 value on the Kelvin scale.

Are there any other temperature scales where Fahrenheit and Kelvin are numerically equal?

No, there are no other temperature scales where Fahrenheit and Kelvin are numerically equal. They are only equal at -459.67 degrees.

What is the significance of Fahrenheit and Kelvin being numerically equal?

The significance of Fahrenheit and Kelvin being numerically equal is that it allows for easy conversion between the two scales and a better understanding of the relationship between temperature units.