What music genre describes computers the most?

In summary, the conversation discusses the genres of chiptune and dubstep and asks for recommendations of the best songs to listen to while programming. The conversation also mentions specific songs, such as "Outbrk" by Sabrepulse and "Crystals" by M|O|O|N. The topic of hacking and bypassing filters on YouTube is also brought up, with the location of Iran being mentioned. The conversation also mentions popular computer music from the past, such as "Anchors Away," and references to popular computer characters, like GlaDOS and Hatsune Miku.
Prof.gaming
I myself are thinking about chiptune and dubstep ... and if it's possible , can you name a song that is the best to listen to when programming ?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Well Youtube has quite a few but this is a historical classic:

and this great moog tune:

and some others:

Likes Hornbein and Prof.gaming
Wow , thanks ... I mostly listen to chiptunes like outbrk by sabrepulse . But there is a song that is awesome for this and its (( crystals )) by M|O|O|N .
Btw , youtube is filtered here but I know my ways around and can bypass it easily ... if you live here you have to know your ways around hacking and such ... I know its not correct to hack and such , but thanks for the reply . I really appreciate it !

Prof.gaming said:
... if you live here you have to know your ways around hacking and such ...

And where might "here" be? You didn't say..o_O

DiracPool said:
And where might "here" be? You didn't say..o_O
He said "Iran" in another thread.

Mark44 said:
He said "Iran" in another thread.

Ah, thanks, Mark, That was going to bug me. Shame some one would have to hack to watch youtube. I typically feed my fat imperial USA belly 20-30 youtube videos a day (all science-related, of course, except for the occasional world war 2 video). I couldn't imagine not having that access..:oldfrown:

I would start with Kraftwerks Autobahn, a little dated but its inspirational in a tech sense.

Likes billy_joule
Prof.gaming said:
I myself are thinking about chiptune and dubstep ... and if it's possible , can you name a song that is the best to listen to when programming ?

Likes PWiz
If you want something from Portal, shouldn't be Cara Mia Addio/Turret Opera? With the Fat Lady Turret?

Back in the day the most popular computer music was played on large band printers when some joker would sneak a bogus deck of cards into a batch run. The most common song was "Anchors Away".

GlaDOS, the computer in Portal, has become a crowdsourced pop star in the USA. In Japan it's Hatsune Miku, a sweet innocent girl. The US version is a sociopathic murder. Maybe I'm not surprised.

Related to What music genre describes computers the most?

1. What is the most popular music genre that describes computers?

The most popular music genre that describes computers is electronic music. This genre often uses computer-generated sounds and incorporates technology in its production process.

2. Can you give an example of a subgenre of electronic music that specifically describes computers?

One example of a subgenre of electronic music that specifically describes computers is chiptune music. This genre uses sounds from old computers and video game consoles to create a nostalgic and computer-inspired sound.

3. Is there a specific music genre that is associated with coding or programming?

Yes, there is a music genre that is associated with coding or programming called algorithmic music. This genre uses algorithms and computer programming to create musical compositions.

4. Are there any other music genres that are closely related to computers?

Besides electronic music and algorithmic music, there are other music genres that are closely related to computers such as industrial music, which incorporates mechanical sounds and uses technology in its production process.

5. Can music genres be used to describe different aspects of computers?

Yes, music genres can be used to describe different aspects of computers. For example, electronic music can be used to describe the technical and mechanical aspects of computers, while chiptune music can represent the nostalgic and retro feel of old computers and video games.