What is the warmest and thickest sweater I can wear in a cold theater?

• Thread starter oquen
  • Start date
In summary: The mohair sweater looks warm, but it's not thick enough. You need a thermometer to get the actual temperature in the theater. Then look online to find out the optimum indoor temperature for comfort. You can present this info to the theater with some kind of calculation of how much money they're wasting in cooling the space below that temperature.
oquen
There is a theater nearby my house which has so cold aircon (it's only theater with good quality and accessible). But I have to wear 5 shirts and 2 normal sweaters and still feel cold. What kind of sweater is there out there that is so thick or equivalent to 5 shirts/2 sweaters or more all worn same time? Is this how those eskimo sweater feel like. How do you know the thickness and coldness reduction factor of thick sweaters?

Physics news on Phys.org
Personally, I find wool sweaters to be the warmest. The thicker, the warmer.

what kind of sweater do they use in Antarctica (seriously)?

I think you need to bring a thermometer to the theater and get a reading of the actual temperature. Then look online to find out the optimum indoor temperature for comfort. Then present this info to the theater with some kind of calculation of how much money they're wasting in cooling the space below that temperature.

Likes billy_joule
re keeping warm in cold. it's possible to dress lightly and be warm.

layer up layer down. > inner layer tuck legs into socks, top into bottoms.
outer layer. reverse.

much heat is lost through soles into cold ground and from uncovered head so

put felt inserts in shoes.

wear cap/hat.

I want to order from internet the sweater worn in Antarctica but no idea how thick it is. Has anyone gone to Antarctica or sit down for hours in snows. What kind of sweater did you use (one piece only) and how many equivalent shirts and normal sweater it is?

traditional norwegian thermal underwear top and long johns have a waffle texture weave. Wool is best.

With that and a shoe felt insert and hat you can dress lightly. All blood passes through your head and feet. Head and feet are poorly insulated compared to trunk.

Keeping your head and feet (blood) warm by piling up on the trunk is a loosing battle.

Insulate the bits that lose heat a lot like head and feet.

This mohair sweater looks warm (cute, too). Add some well-insulted leggings and knee-high boots. That should keep you toasty. :biggrin:
img_1017.jpg

https://www.supertanya.com/sweaters/hand-knitted-mohair-turtleneck-sweater-in-pink-1-by-SuperTanya

Thermal underwear + any number of shirts and sweaters + goose (or equivalent microfiber) coveralls. Thermal socks. Arctic balaclava. Chemical heaters if more heat is needed.

Related to What is the warmest and thickest sweater I can wear in a cold theater?

What is a "Very Thick Sweater"?

A "Very Thick Sweater" is a type of clothing made from thick and heavy materials, typically designed to provide warmth during cold weather.

What materials are used to make a "Very Thick Sweater"?

The materials used to make a "Very Thick Sweater" vary, but they are typically made from wool, cotton, or synthetic fibers such as acrylic or polyester.

How should I care for a "Very Thick Sweater"?

To care for a "Very Thick Sweater", it is important to follow the care instructions on the garment. Generally, it is recommended to hand wash or machine wash on a gentle cycle with cold water. Avoid using bleach or harsh detergents, and lay flat to dry to avoid shrinking or damaging the material.

Can a "Very Thick Sweater" be worn in warmer weather?

While a "Very Thick Sweater" is designed for cold weather, it can also be worn in warmer weather depending on the material and thickness. Some sweaters made from lighter materials can still provide warmth without being too heavy for warmer weather.

How do I choose the right size for a "Very Thick Sweater"?

When choosing the right size for a "Very Thick Sweater", it is important to consider the fit you prefer. Some people may prefer a looser fit, while others may prefer a more fitted look. It is also recommended to check the size guide provided by the brand or manufacturer and measure yourself to ensure the best fit.