What is the relationship between P and G(t) in Calculus with Exponential?

• MHB
  • Thread starter Bushy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Calculus
In summary, "Calculus with Exp" is the use of exponential functions in calculus to model real-life situations and analyze natural phenomena in science. The key concepts include the derivative and integral of exponential functions, rules of logarithms, solving differential equations, and applications in biology, chemistry, and physics. Real-life applications include predicting population growth and decay, determining half-life, and analyzing population dynamics. To improve understanding, a strong foundation in calculus and algebra, practice, and seeking help from tutors or online resources are recommended.
Bushy
For \(\displaystyle P=P_0\times e^{G(t)}\)

and \(\displaystyle G'(t) = a+bt\)

Show \(\displaystyle G(0)=0\)

I get \(\displaystyle G(t) = \int a+bt ~dt = at+\frac{1}{2} b t^2+C\) therefore \(\displaystyle G(0)=C \)

Physics news on Phys.org
Bushy said:
For \(\displaystyle P=P_0\times e^{G(t)}\)

and \(\displaystyle G'(t) = a+bt\)

Show \(\displaystyle G(0)=0\)

I get \(\displaystyle G(t) = \int a+bt ~dt = at+\frac{1}{2} b t^2+C\) therefore \(\displaystyle G(0)=C \)

Hi Bushy! ;)

I expect that it's intended that $P(0) = P_0$.

Then we have:
$$P_0 e^{G(0)} = P_0 \quad\Rightarrow\quad e^{G(0)} = 1 \quad\Rightarrow\quad G(0)=0
$$

Related to What is the relationship between P and G(t) in Calculus with Exponential?

1. What is "Calculus with Exp"?

"Calculus with Exp" refers to the use of exponential functions in calculus. Exponential functions are functions in the form of f(x) = a^x, where a is a constant. These functions can be used to model various real-life situations, such as population growth or radioactive decay.

2. How is "Calculus with Exp" used in science?

"Calculus with Exp" is used in science to analyze and understand various natural phenomena. For example, in biology, it can be used to model the growth of bacteria or the spread of a disease. In chemistry, it can be used to study the rate of reactions. In physics, it can be used to model radioactive decay or exponential growth in electrical circuits.

3. What are the key concepts in "Calculus with Exp"?

The key concepts in "Calculus with Exp" include the derivative and integral of exponential functions, the rules of logarithms, solving differential equations involving exponential functions, and applications of exponential functions in real-life situations.

4. What are some real-life applications of "Calculus with Exp"?

Some real-life applications of "Calculus with Exp" include predicting population growth, predicting the decay of radioactive materials, determining the half-life of a substance, modeling the spread of diseases, and analyzing population dynamics in ecology.

5. How can I improve my understanding of "Calculus with Exp"?

To improve your understanding of "Calculus with Exp", it is important to have a strong foundation in calculus and algebra. It is also helpful to practice solving problems involving exponential functions and to familiarize yourself with real-life applications. Additionally, seeking help from a tutor or studying online resources can also improve your understanding.