What is the Perimeter of Triangle ABC?

In summary, the formula for calculating the perimeter of Triangle ABC is P = a + b + c, where a, b, and c are the lengths of the three sides. In relation to Triangle ABC, perimeter refers to the total distance around the outside of the triangle. To find the length of each side of Triangle ABC, you can use the Pythagorean Theorem or trigonometric functions. The perimeter of Triangle ABC can change depending on the lengths of its sides, but it will always be the sum of the lengths of the three sides. Additionally, the perimeter of a triangle can never be negative, as it represents the total distance around the triangle.
mathdad
The vertices of Triangle ABC are A(1, 1), B(9, 3), and
C(3, 5). Find the perimeter of Triangle ABC.

I need to find the distance of AB, BC, and AC. I then must add all three distances to find the perimeter.

Correct?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
RTCNTC said:
I need to find the distance of AB, BC, and AC. I then must add all three distances to find the perimeter.

Correct?
Yes.

Evgeny.Makarov said:
Yes.

Feels good to be right.

Related to What is the Perimeter of Triangle ABC?

What is the formula for calculating the perimeter of Triangle ABC?

The perimeter of Triangle ABC is calculated by adding the lengths of all three sides together. The formula is P = a + b + c, where a, b, and c are the lengths of the three sides.

Can you explain the concept of perimeter in relation to Triangle ABC?

In geometry, perimeter is the total distance around the outside of a shape. In the case of Triangle ABC, it refers to the total length of the three sides of the triangle.

How do I find the length of each side of Triangle ABC?

If the triangle is a right triangle, you can use the Pythagorean Theorem to find the lengths of the sides. Otherwise, you can use trigonometric functions such as sine, cosine, and tangent to find the lengths of the sides.

Does the perimeter of Triangle ABC always remain the same?

No, the perimeter of Triangle ABC can change depending on the lengths of its sides. However, it will always be the sum of the lengths of the three sides.

Can the perimeter of Triangle ABC be negative?

No, the perimeter of a triangle can never be negative. It is always a positive value representing the total distance around the triangle.