What is the minimum current required to drive a magnet plunger in a micro pump?

In summary, the conversation discusses designing a micro pump that uses a magnet as a plunger and an electromagnet to control its movement. The flow rate of the pump is related to the volume displaced by the plunger and the number of plunges per unit time, and the current in the electromagnet must be adequate to drive the plunger. The minimum current required to drive the plunger is difficult to quantify and may depend on the dimensions of the pump and the strength of the magnet.
muxtih
I have to design a micro pump which uses a magnet as a plunger. the magnet is pushed and pulled by and electromagnet whose current can be controlled. I wanted to know that how do I relate the current in the electromagnet to the amount and flow rate of the fluid expelled by the pump.
The dimensions of the pump are all variable but should be very small (micropump). I need to basically prove that it can work mathematically but my fluid mechanics is very weak.
Please help

Physics news on Phys.org
The flow rate will be related to the volume displaced by the plunger and the number of plunges per unit time. About all you can say about the current is that it must adequate to drive the plunger.

Yes. But is there a way I can quantify this minimum current required to drive the plunger>

Related to What is the minimum current required to drive a magnet plunger in a micro pump?

1. What is a micro pump for medicine?

A micro pump for medicine is a small mechanical device that is used to deliver precise amounts of medication or fluids to a patient. It is typically smaller than a penny and can be implanted or used externally on the body.

2. How does a micro pump for medicine work?

A micro pump for medicine works by using a series of valves and chambers to control the flow of medication or fluid. It is powered by a battery or external power source and can be programmed to deliver specific doses at specific times.

3. What are the benefits of using a micro pump for medicine?

The use of a micro pump for medicine offers several benefits, including precise and accurate dosing, reduced risk of human error, and improved patient compliance. It also allows for continuous medication delivery, eliminating the need for frequent injections or oral dosing.

4. What types of medications can be delivered with a micro pump for medicine?

A micro pump for medicine can be used to deliver a wide range of medications, including insulin, chemotherapy drugs, pain medications, and hormones. It can also be used to deliver fluids for hydration or nutrition.

5. Are there any risks associated with using a micro pump for medicine?

As with any medical device, there are potential risks associated with using a micro pump for medicine. These may include infection, device malfunction, or adverse reactions to the medication being delivered. However, with proper use and monitoring, these risks can be minimized.