What is the angular velocity of a hinged pole as a truck accelerates?

• MHB
  • Thread starter chunky
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pole Truck
In summary, the uniform 3.6 m pole is released from a vertical position as the truck starts from rest with an acceleration of 0.90 m/s2. The motion of the pole is characterized by the equations Vr=0, Vtheta=r*Theta, Ar=-r*Theta(dot)^2, and Atheta=r*Theta(double dot). The challenge is incorporating the truck's acceleration into the solution.
chunky
The uniform 3.6 m pole is hinged to the truck bed and released from the vertical position as the truck starts from rest with an acceleration of 0.90 m/s2. If the acceleration remains constant during the motion of the pole, calculate the angular velocity of the pole as it reaches the horizontal position.

I believe I know this question however I wanted to be sure

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Please go ahead and post your solution so far, then.

Never mind my solution was wrong although I think that using the equations

Vr=0
Vtheta=r*Theta
Ar=-r*Theta(dot)^2
Atheta=r*Theta(double dot)

However i am unsure as to how to add the trucks acceleration into the solution.

Related to What is the angular velocity of a hinged pole as a truck accelerates?

1. What is a Pole Hinged to Truck Bed?

A Pole Hinged to Truck Bed is a mechanism that allows a pole to be easily attached and detached from the bed of a truck. It typically consists of a hinged bracket that is attached to the truck bed and a pole that can be inserted into the bracket and secured with a locking mechanism.

2. How does a Pole Hinged to Truck Bed work?

The pole is inserted into the hinged bracket on the truck bed and secured with a locking mechanism, such as a pin or latch. The hinge allows the pole to be easily lifted up and down, making it easy to load and unload items onto the truck bed.

3. What are the benefits of using a Pole Hinged to Truck Bed?

Using a Pole Hinged to Truck Bed allows for easy loading and unloading of items onto the truck bed. It also helps to secure items on the bed during transportation, preventing them from sliding or falling off. Additionally, the hinged mechanism allows for the pole to be easily removed when not in use, providing more space on the truck bed.

4. Is a Pole Hinged to Truck Bed adjustable?

Some Pole Hinged to Truck Bed mechanisms may have an adjustable feature, allowing for different sized poles to be used. However, this may vary depending on the specific design and manufacturer.

5. Can a Pole Hinged to Truck Bed be installed on any type of truck?

While most Pole Hinged to Truck Bed mechanisms are designed to be universal, it is important to check the compatibility with your specific truck model before purchasing. Some trucks may require specific attachments or modifications for the pole hinge to properly fit.