What is Pandora and how does it help you discover new music based on your taste?

• Music
  • Thread starter fargoth
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
In summary, Pandora.com is a site where you can create personalized stations by selecting artists and songs you like. It uses your preferences to play similar songs. You can also share your station with others by clicking on the "share" button and inserting the address. Some users have found that the site's recommendations may not always match their broad music taste, but it can still be enjoyable. It has been mentioned multiple times on the Physics Forums website and has received positive feedback from users.
fargoth
i fond this site: www.pandora.com
you select some artists\songs you like and it tries to identify your taste and play songs you'll like.

i made a station, you can add it by clicking on share and insert the address westerndrag@hotmail.com

my taste is much broader then what this site made it to be, but it fits my mood right now :biggrin:
it includes pink floyd, REM, gothan project, animals, porcupine tree...

you can check it out, or make your own stations and publish them here with a little description.

Last edited:
Science news on Phys.org
Yea, the site, it's cool. I usually use it when i am looking for new songs.

thanks for the link guys, pandora is pretty cool

I love it.

Related to What is Pandora and how does it help you discover new music based on your taste?

1. How can I find free music that I will actually like?

One way to find free music that you will like is to explore online platforms such as SoundCloud or Bandcamp. These platforms often have a wide variety of independent artists who offer their music for free. Additionally, you can use streaming services such as Spotify or Pandora to discover new music and create personalized playlists.

2. Is it legal to download free music?

It depends on where you are downloading the music from. If the artist or platform has explicitly stated that the music is available for free and can be downloaded, then it is legal. However, if you are downloading music from unauthorized sources or using file-sharing sites, it may be a violation of copyright laws.

3. Can I use free music for commercial purposes?

This depends on the specific licensing terms of the music. Some artists may offer their music for free for personal use only, while others may allow commercial use with proper attribution. It is important to check the licensing terms before using free music for commercial purposes.

4. How do I give credit to the artist when using free music?

The best way to give credit to the artist is to include their name and a link to their music in the description of your project or on your website. Some artists may also have specific requirements for crediting, so it is important to check their licensing terms.

5. Can I modify free music to fit my project?

It depends on the licensing terms of the music. Some artists may allow modifications and adaptations, while others may not. It is important to check the licensing terms and give credit to the artist if modifications are allowed.