What is Nuclear Engineering and How Can I Prepare for It?

• Thread starter Trace Phillips
  • Start date
In summary, Nuclear Engineering is a field of study that involves the use of nuclear energy for various applications, including power generation and nuclear medicine. To prepare for a career in this field, it is important to have a strong foundation in math and science, as well as a thorough understanding of nuclear physics and engineering principles. Gaining hands-on experience through internships and research opportunities can also be beneficial in preparing for a career in Nuclear Engineering. Additionally, staying up-to-date with advancements in the field and obtaining relevant certifications can help individuals stand out in the job market.
Trace Phillips
I'm still in high school, but I am hoping to go to TAMU for nuclear engineering the next academic school year. Since I go to a small rural school we don't have many classes that offer any information on this subject or at least a challenging one so I hoped by reading threads on here I can familiarize myself with a few concepts and not be thrown into a study area I don't know much about. I'm taking AP Calculus hoping it will help me with some things and I took a physics class last year but my teacher was learning the concepts along with us so I had to teach myself and constantly correct the teacher, it was horrible.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF Trace! Good luck with the studies!