What is general information infraction?

• Thread starter emailanmol
  • Start date
In summary, the individual was previously infracted for a general information infraction on a forum post. They were unsure of the reason and questioned what they may have done wrong. The admin clarified that it was just a warning and not an actual infraction, as the individual had posted their homework in the wrong forum category. The admin reassured them that there were no points given and no need for a reversal.
emailanmol
Hey,

I was infracted a few months ago with the reason being general information infraction.

I don't know what that means or what possibly I could have done wrong.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=3318735#post3318735

I in no way am questioning the decision of the admin or asking for a reversal.
I just want to know the rule I accidently broke. :-)

Physics news on Phys.org
The General Information warning is just giving you a heads up. There was a complete explanation in the warning. It was letting you know that you had posted your homework in the wrong forum category and it had been moved. It was not an infraction, it had no points and there is nothing to reverse.

Oh Thank you Evo.

You're welcome.

Related to What is general information infraction?

1. What is considered a general information infraction?

A general information infraction is any violation of the rules or guidelines set by an organization or institution regarding the use and dissemination of information. This can include sharing confidential information, spreading misinformation, or violating copyright laws.

2. What are the consequences of committing a general information infraction?

The consequences of a general information infraction can vary depending on the severity of the violation and the policies of the organization. It can range from a warning or reprimand to legal action and termination of employment or membership.

3. How can I avoid committing a general information infraction?

The best way to avoid committing a general information infraction is to familiarize yourself with the rules and guidelines set by the organization or institution. Take the time to read and understand any policies regarding the use and sharing of information. When in doubt, seek clarification from a supervisor or designated individual.

4. Can general information infractions be unintentional?

Yes, general information infractions can be unintentional. However, it is important to take responsibility for any actions that may have violated the rules or guidelines set by the organization. It is always best to verify the accuracy and validity of information before sharing it.

5. What measures can organizations take to prevent general information infractions?

Organizations can take several measures to prevent general information infractions, such as implementing clear and comprehensive policies, providing training and education to employees, and regularly monitoring and enforcing compliance. They can also establish a system for reporting and addressing any potential infractions to ensure prompt and appropriate action is taken.