What Is Bob's Experience at the Advanced Musicians Course and JCIC?

In summary, tomorrow I am going to Knellar Hall to attend the Annual (and National) Advanced Musicians Course. I will be there until Friday then I will be back in Portsmouth for a while and then I am off to the JCIC at a local Barracks until Sunday. I have to make a speech for the JCIC and I don't really want to go but never mind.
The Bob
Hi All,

Tomorrow, at 11:45 am, I am off to Knellar Hall to attend the Annual (and National) Advanced Musicians Course. I will be there until Friday then I will be back in Portsmouth for a while and then I am off to the JCIC at a local Barracks until Sunday. I have to make a speech for the JCIC and I don't really want to go but never mind. I am off.

See you all on Late Sunday or Monday. :biggrin:

All have fun posting and PM where my posts are I need to reply to. :smile:

The Bob (2004 ©)

Science news on Phys.org
Aah the JCIC... not much of a challenge if I recall, as long as your lesson plans are textbook. The SCIC on the other hand is a major challenge, but if like me, you pass it, then the world is your oyster and you are worshipped by cadets and adults alike... well I was anyway.

JCIC?
Barracks?!
SCIC?

I feel so out of it... :cry:

jimmy p said:
Aah the JCIC... not much of a challenge if I recall, as long as your lesson plans are textbook. The SCIC on the other hand is a major challenge, but if like me, you pass it, then the world is your oyster and you are worshipped by cadets and adults alike... well I was anyway.
SCIC? Oh dear. Help me now. :cry:

The Bob (2004 ©)

Tsunami said:
JCIC?
Barracks?!
SCIC?

I feel so out of it... :cry:

It is Army Cadets. I was a member... possibly the greatest my detachment had seen :-p

JCIC - Junior Cadet Instructors Cadre. Basically means you get shouted at for a weekend, taught how to teach a lesson and then tested on your own teaching abilities where you teach one lesson.

SCIC - Senior Cadet Instructors Cadre. Basically means you get shouted at and bullied for a week, are helped in teaching more senior cadets, and tested on your teaching abilities, where you teach 4 lessons on different areas of the army life.

I remember my SCIC fondly. Especially the time I got busted down from Staff Sergeant to cadet for the day, and told that I had failed the course because I got the people on my course to chant "Stella, Stella, Stella Artois" as they were marching. Plus all the character boosting beastings I got the day I was in charge of the group... it was directed at the group but because I was in charge, I had to take the full force of it. At the end of the course I was a stronger man.

The SCIC is run by regular soldiers, who are used to dealing with people like me :-p

jimmy p said:
The SCIC is run by regular soldiers, who are used to dealing with people like me :-p
I'm back and I feel a lot more confident.

SCIC sounds too much for me. Way too much. But JCIC was good.

The Bob (2004 ©)

Related to What Is Bob's Experience at the Advanced Musicians Course and JCIC?

What is "Bob's Journey to the Advanced Musicians Course"?

"Bob's Journey to the Advanced Musicians Course" is a program designed to help musicians improve their skills and knowledge in order to reach a more advanced level in their musical journey. It includes lessons, workshops, and practice sessions to help musicians develop their technique, theory, and overall musicianship.

Who is "Bob"?

Bob is not a specific person, but rather a fictional character used to represent any musician who is embarking on a journey towards advanced musicianship. This program is designed for musicians of all levels and backgrounds.

What does the program offer?

The program offers a variety of lessons, workshops, and practice sessions that cover a range of topics such as music theory, technique, improvisation, performance skills, and more. It also provides opportunities for collaboration and feedback from experienced musicians.

How long is the program?

The program length can vary depending on the individual's goals and commitment. However, it typically ranges from a few weeks to several months. It is designed to be flexible and self-paced, allowing each participant to progress at their own pace.

Do I need to have any prior musical experience to participate?

No, this program is open to musicians of all levels and backgrounds. However, some basic knowledge of music theory and instrument proficiency may be helpful in order to fully benefit from the program.