What is a Gunnplexer and where can I find more information about it?

• Thread starter actionintegral
  • Start date
In summary: • Surecom, PO Box 930, Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG1 3DF, United Kingdom;tel 01423 624353; www.surecom.co.uk/.
actionintegral
I'm sure you guys browse all of the forums. So maybe you can answer my question. I want to know what a Gunnplexer is. Which forum would be my best bet for getting a good answer?

Physics news on Phys.org
actionintegral said:
I'm sure you guys browse all of the forums. So maybe you can answer my question. I want to know what a Gunnplexer is. Which forum would be my best bet for getting a good answer?

Well, I had no idea what it is, so googled it and the first hit was this: http://www.altair.org/projects/gunnfaq.txt I don't know whether that will help. If you need more info, I bet berkeman or one of the other electrical engineers will be able to assist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I'll try the EE forum

Interesting. I narrowed the google search with gunnplexer tutorial, and got some good hits. Apparently there is a classic book written by HAM W4UCH Robert Richardson, "The Gunnplexer Cookbook" which would probably be of help for actionintegral.

actionintegral -- the EE forum is probably the best place to start your thread. Maybe look over the hits that you get from googling gunnplexer tutorial, and see if you can find a copy of that book. It's from 1981, though, so it won't have info on any recent developments.

Hi Berkeman,

Judging by your signature, you might be able to shed some light. The experiment is on www.altair.org[/URL] and the guy seems to be a HAM enthusiast. I sent him an email asking for a starting point.

actionintegral said:
Hi Berkeman,

Judging by your signature, you might be able to shed some light. The experiment is on www.altair.org[/URL] and the guy seems to be a HAM enthusiast. I sent him an email asking for a starting point.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get much in a quick skim of the link that cristo posted for altair, but I went to the ARRL.org website (the main HAM radio organization), and did a search on Gunnplexer. I got some great hits, but the best ones were in the ARRL members-only area, so I can't post links to them here. :blushing:

But I cut out the "Resources and Links" section from the best article (I'm pretty sure it's okay for me to do that), and I'll post that here to get you some good pointers. Looks to be interesting stuff. I couldn't tell from a quick read if you need a HAM license to transmit on the X-band that keeps getting mentioned for these Gunnplexer transceivers, but I'm sure that's covered in the links below. Feel free to PM me if you have HAM related questions.

[quote=QST Magazine, March 2002]Resources
• VE3SMA from Ontario, Canada has put together a valuable Web page for
Gunnplexer information at [url]www.kwarc.org/10ghz/10GHZ-4.htm[/url].
• A Web page describing a data (Ethernet type) experiment with Gunnplexers by
KE5FX can be found at [PLAIN]www.guerrilla.net/reference/10ghz_link/[/URL]
10ghz_link.html.
• A very thorough application note on putting a Gunnplexer on ATV is available at
PC Electronics. Go to their Web page at [url]www.hamtv.com[/url] and request document
10 gHz TXapp.pdf.
•The Gunnplexer Cookbook, Bob Richardson, W4UCH, The Ham Radio Publishing
Group, Greenville, NH. (This book is out of print, so check your library or used
book supplier.)
Gunnplexers, antennas, complete systems, technical notes and related parts
• Advanced Receiver Research, Box 1242, Burlington, CT 06013;
tel 860-485-0310; [url]www.advancedreceiver.com/[/url].
• SHF Microwave Parts Company, 7102 W 500 S, La Porte, IN 46350;
[url]www.shfmicro.com/[/url].[/quote]

Related to What is a Gunnplexer and where can I find more information about it?

1. What is the purpose of "Question for the moderators"?

The purpose of "Question for the moderators" is to provide a platform for users to ask questions or express concerns about the moderation of a specific online community or platform.

2. How do I submit a question for the moderators?

To submit a question for the moderators, you can usually find a designated section or forum on the community or platform where you can post your question. Alternatively, you can reach out to a moderator directly through private messaging or email.

3. What kind of questions can I ask the moderators?

You can ask the moderators questions about the rules and guidelines of the community or platform, report any issues or violations, or request clarification on a decision made by the moderators. However, it is important to keep your questions respectful and relevant to the community.

4. How long does it take for the moderators to respond to my question?

The response time for moderators may vary depending on the community or platform, but they typically aim to respond to questions within a reasonable timeframe. If your question is urgent, it is best to reach out to a moderator directly rather than posting on a public forum.

5. Can I expect a resolution to my question from the moderators?

The moderators will do their best to address your question or concern and provide a resolution if possible. However, keep in mind that moderators are volunteers and may not always have the authority to make changes or decisions. It is important to respect their decisions and follow the rules of the community or platform.