What is a good degree to major in if i want to work on uav's. I know

In summary, there are multiple degrees that can lead to a career working on UAVs, such as Aeronautical Engineering, mechanics/electrical/computer engineering, and software. However, the specific aspects of these fields that you are interested in will determine which one is the best fit for you. If you are interested in guidance systems, software may be the best choice, while aerospace may be a good fit if you enjoy working on the flying aspect. The Center for Unmanned Aircraft Systems Research, Education and Training at the University of North Dakota offers a world-class infrastructure for UAS development, as well as training and opportunities for commercialization and job growth.
PhysicsHigh
What is a good degree to major in if i want to work on uav's. I know there are multiple degrees that can get you into it but what are they and what do they do.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org

Aeronautical Engineering.

Or mechanics/electrical/computer engineering. You could even work in software. Although none of these fields will guarantee that you would be able to work on UAVs specifically, but pick which aspects of them you like. If it's the guidance systems, work on software. If it's the making it fly part, choose aerospace. Engine? Mechanical. Hardware? Electrical.

You might want to check out: http://www.uasresearch.com/home.aspx

Center for Unmanned Aircraft Systems Research, Education and Training.

Our goals:
Create a world-class infrastructure for UAS development, testing, and evaluation
Create the finest training program of its kind anywhere in the world
Promote commercialization of new UAS-related products and services
Promote private sector job growth within Grand Forks and throughout the state of North Dakota.

A good degree to major in for working on UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles) would be a degree in aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, or computer science. These degrees will provide you with the necessary knowledge and skills to design, build, and program UAVs. Additionally, a degree in mechanical engineering or systems engineering could also be beneficial in understanding the mechanical and operational aspects of UAVs. It is important to research and consider the specific curriculum and courses offered by the universities you are interested in to determine which degree program aligns best with your career goals in the UAV industry.

Related to What is a good degree to major in if i want to work on uav's. I know

What is a good degree to major in if I want to work on UAV's?

A degree in Aerospace Engineering is often recommended for those interested in working on UAV's. This degree program focuses on the design, development, and operation of aircraft and spacecraft, making it a great fit for a career in UAV's.

Is a degree in Computer Science beneficial for working on UAV's?

Yes, a degree in Computer Science can be very beneficial for working on UAV's. This degree program teaches students about programming languages, algorithms, and software development, all of which are important skills for designing and operating UAV's.

Do I need a degree in Aviation to work on UAV's?

While a degree in Aviation can be helpful for understanding the principles of flight and aircraft operations, it is not a requirement for working on UAV's. Many UAV professionals come from a variety of backgrounds, such as engineering, computer science, or mathematics.

What other skills besides a degree should I have to work on UAV's?

In addition to a degree, having a strong background in mathematics, physics, and computer programming can be beneficial for working on UAV's. Strong communication and problem-solving skills are also important for this field.

Are there any specific courses I should take to prepare for a career in UAV's?

Courses in robotics, control systems, and remote sensing can be helpful for those interested in working on UAV's. It may also be beneficial to take courses in project management and business to prepare for a leadership role in the field.