What else do I need to learn besides Objective-C?

• Thread starter Math10
  • Start date
In summary, to make money from apps, you need to learn Objective-C and then promote and advertise them.
Math10
http://www.news.com.au/technology/gadgets/this-is-how-much-money-free-apps-actually-make/story-fn6vihic-1226825724686

I want to make free apps on iOS and that's why I'm learning Objective-C right now by www.codeschool.com but after learning Objective-C, what else do I need to learn in order to earn that much money like the website above said? After making free apps, where do I need to go?

Technology news on Phys.org
Math10 said:
http://www.news.com.au/technology/gadgets/this-is-how-much-money-free-apps-actually-make/story-fn6vihic-1226825724686

I want to make free apps on iOS and that's why I'm learning Objective-C right now by www.codeschool.com but after learning Objective-C, what else do I need to learn in order to earn that much money like the website above said? After making free apps, where do I need to go?

Right now, your plan consists of:

1. Learn Objective-C
2. ?
3. Profits!

Yeah, there are some pretty impressive revenue figures in that article, but you have to ask yourself, 'Why does Farm Heroes Saga generate over a $100K of revenue a day?' It may have to do with something more than coding skills. There's probably plenty of 'free' apps out there which return exactly that: nothing.

SteamKing said:
1. Learn Objective-C
2. ?
3. Profits!
:):)

Then what exactly has it to do with something other than coding skills?

That's what you have to figure out. I don't have the answer, otherwise I would be a billionaire coder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes Math10
Thank you so much for the extra info, @DrZoidberg !

Keep in mind, some of these apps are flukes (flappy bird, for example). You'll need a solid idea that can be exploited for profits, otherwise no amounts of advertising your app will do any good.

Related to What else do I need to learn besides Objective-C?

1. What other programming languages should I learn besides Objective-C?

Besides Objective-C, it's helpful to learn other programming languages such as Swift, Java, C++, and Python. These languages have different uses and learning them can expand your knowledge and skills as a programmer.

2. Do I need to learn any design skills besides programming?

While not necessary, having some design skills can be beneficial in creating user-friendly interfaces for your applications. Basic knowledge of design principles and tools like Photoshop or Sketch can help improve the overall quality of your projects.

3. Are there any specific frameworks or libraries I should learn?

There are many popular frameworks and libraries that are commonly used with Objective-C, such as Cocoa, UIKit, and Core Data. It's worth familiarizing yourself with these and other commonly used frameworks to enhance your development abilities.

4. Is it important to have knowledge of data structures and algorithms?

Having a strong understanding of data structures and algorithms can greatly improve your problem-solving skills and make you a more efficient programmer. This knowledge can also help you optimize your code and make it more scalable.

5. How can I stay updated on new developments and advancements in Objective-C?

Following industry blogs, attending conferences, and joining online communities are great ways to stay updated on the latest developments in Objective-C. It's also helpful to read documentation and tutorials from Apple, as they are the creators of the language.