What background knowledge is needed to solve a physics-related hobby problem?

• Thread starter mikemo
  • Start date
In summary, a basic understanding of physics principles such as motion, forces, and energy is necessary to solve a physics-related hobby problem. Additionally, knowledge of relevant mathematical concepts, such as algebra and trigonometry, is also helpful in analyzing and solving these types of problems. Familiarity with the specific tools and techniques used in the hobby, such as measuring devices and common equations, is also important for successfully solving the problem. Having a solid foundation in these areas will allow for a more efficient and accurate approach to tackling physics-related hobby problems.
mikemo
How did you find PF?
Google via search for "physics forum"
I'm a new member and am following the directions to post an introduction.

I am a computer data center guy that deals mostly with computer hardware, power and cooling, along with some networking and very light programming. My undergrad physics classes were a long time ago, and I've come for help with a problem (related to a hobby) that I'm having trouble solving.

I don't think I'll be much of a physics resource, but I do know a bit about electronics and radio.

Thanks for letting me join.

Likes berkeman and PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome: