What are your favorite TV shows?

• Thread starter tedbradly
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discussed various TV shows including Breaking Bad, Dexter, Always Sunny in Philadelphia, House, Spartacus Blood and Sand, and reality TV mockumentaries. The participants expressed their opinions on these shows, with one person liking Keeping Up with the Kardashians and others recommending Dexter and IASIP. They also mentioned their favorite characters and actors in Dexter and their thoughts on John Malkovich in the movie 'In the Line of Fire'.
tedbradly
Breaking Bad (It's about a scientist who becomes a crime lord. I think people here would love it, not to mention it has great reviews.)

Dexter (Serial killer who kills killers, pure incredible)

Always Sunny in Philadelphia (hilarious)

What do you guys like?

I used to watch House, but it got a bit tedious. I also plan to watch Spartacus Blood and Sand.

Physics news on Phys.org
I like keeping up with the Kardashians... awaiting new series! there's nothing good on right now, Holly's world's finished too, the hills long ago... I like reality tv mockumentaries!

nucleargirl said:
I like keeping up with the Kardashians... awaiting new series! there's nothing good on right now, Holly's world's finished too, the hills long ago... I like reality tv mockumentaries!

Have you tried IASIP?

I love Dexter...seasons 1 and 3 were the best...Doakes and Dexter's rapport made it oh-so-better.
Colin Hanks and John Lithgow were incredible 'bad guys'.
But never as good as John Malkovich, such as in the movie 'In the Line of Fire."
Thoughts?

I am always drawn to TV shows that incorporate science and technology into their storylines. Breaking Bad, with its portrayal of a chemist-turned-crime lord, definitely piques my interest. I have heard great reviews about the show and I can see how it would be intriguing for others in the scientific community as well.

Dexter also seems to have a unique concept, with a serial killer who targets other killers. It's interesting to see how science and psychology are used in this show to solve crimes and understand the mind of a killer.

On a lighter note, I have always enjoyed the humor and absurdity of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. It's a great break from the serious and intense shows that I tend to watch.

Everyone's preferences for TV shows are different, but I am always open to trying new shows that incorporate science and technology in a creative and engaging way. I have not watched Spartacus Blood and Sand yet, but it sounds like an interesting mix of history and action. Thank you for the recommendations!

Related to What are your favorite TV shows?

1. What genre of TV shows do you typically enjoy?

As a scientist, my interests are quite varied and I enjoy a wide range of TV shows. However, I do tend to gravitate towards science fiction and documentaries.

2. What are your top 3 favorite TV shows of all time?

That's a tough question, but if I had to choose, I would say my top 3 favorite TV shows of all time are Breaking Bad, Cosmos, and Black Mirror.

3. How do you decide which TV shows to watch?

As a scientist, I am naturally curious and always looking to expand my knowledge. So, I often choose TV shows that explore scientific concepts or challenge my thinking in some way.

4. Do you prefer binge-watching or watching episodes weekly?

I enjoy both binge-watching and watching episodes weekly, depending on the type of TV show. If it's a suspenseful drama, I prefer to watch weekly to savor each episode. But for comedies or lighter shows, I don't mind binge-watching.

5. Are there any TV shows that you would recommend to someone interested in science?

Definitely! Some TV shows that I would recommend for anyone interested in science are Planet Earth, The Big Bang Theory, and Mythbusters. They all offer entertaining and informative content related to science.